ADVERTISEMENT

JR out but penalties ruin strong Cat effort, lose 34-31

PCH

VUSports.com All-American
Jul 14, 2001
As announces said on ESPN3, it was penalties not kicking game that did in the Cats, playing without John Robertson. Chris Polony played as well as could be expected and ran suprising well, almost JR like. Bit as noted all week Sam Houston St wide receiver was their obvious go to guy and Cats never stopped him. Cats won the running game but SHS won in the air.

Cats made a game fight of it but even had they won, without JR it would have been very nasty at the Fargo Dome next weekend.

This post was edited on 12/14 11:27 AM by PCH

putting a 5'9" soph db on a div1 experienced 6'2" receiver one-on-one rarely works out well for the 5'9" guy, sad to say...

it was painful watching the big guy drag him into the end zone from the 10-yd line

Ed....even the SH coach said at the half they need to exploit some of our match up advantages ...ie the receivers.

I didn't understand why they ran the ball as much as they did. I know you come in with a game plan, but I would have thrown the ball all day.

For some reason teams thought they could run against the Cats. That was never a successful tactic all season. Villanova's line and linebackers stopped the run, meanwhile the offensive line opened up the running game for Novas backs. All in all a great season to be proud of.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT