ADVERTISEMENT

Kobe's career remembered?

How about people putting the blame on Byron Scott for playing him too many minutes? As if Kobe doesn't run the show,

"My team. My ball. Never my fault" - Kobe Bryant

He will play out his career for a couple of years with a different team like Jordan did, stuck on 5 rings.

Personally I think lasalle being on his final list with Duke and nova was such a condescending farce. His whole list was a farce as he was NBA bound from day 1 but to give false hope like that to poor downtrodden lasalle was just mean.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Also, to piggyback on that, but didn't he say that if he didn't go too the NBA that it would have been LaSalle? I think I vaguely remember this.

That's him pandering to the philly crowd. If he was serious about college for 1 year, you really think he picks Lasalle? I don't. Easy to lie after the fact for him though.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
Also, to piggyback on that, but didn't he say that if he didn't go too the NBA that it would have been LaSalle? I think I vaguely remember this.
Yes. He, Rip Hamilton and some other guy who did end up going to LaSalle had decided that if Kobe was going to college, they would play together at LaSalle.

Kobe goes pro. Rip says screw this, I'm going to UConn. I forget the 3rd guy, but think he had a solid career. Maybe Ras Butler??

Kobe has been on record many times saying if he went to college it was Duke and playing for Coach K, not Lasalle.

I played against Kobe in HS, i was a Soph he was a Sr. he basically didnt try until the bigger games in districts, states and showcase games. my buddy got on one of his rookie cards. Kobe went up for a dunk and actually missed, the rookie card is that picture but it made it look like he was dunking.
mfpFYI9_EFgSmN1nIjPbJ6Q.jpg

love or hate him to have to respect his work ethic and overall play. not a great teammate and an egomaniac but most of the great ones are. he also gives back, donated 400K to the richest school district in PA for a new gym. thanks Kobe!

Originally posted by novabball2:
love or hate him to have to respect his work ethic and overall play. not a great teammate and an egomaniac but most of the great ones are. he also gives back, donated 400K to the richest school district in PA for a new gym. thanks Kobe!
Tax deduction plus you realize that is like $5 to a regular person.

Originally posted by Sportsboss_ofnothing:
Do the lakers retire the 8 or 24 when he retires? Both?
Interesting question. Really a tale of 2 careers and personalities.

When he was "8", he had his most success, championship wise with 3, but this was the sidekick to Shaq era when he had the balding fro and was still likeable.

The 24 I think started after he went out ass raping high schoolers which also coincided with going with the shaved head and a few tats look to overhaul his image. This was also when he was finally revealed to be the sneaky, manipulative sociopath we've all come to despise. 2 championships with this number but no longer likable. Now just a dick.

Really a case study right out of the WWE in terms of character development and career arc.

Is "career arc" the cool term these days? I see it everywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT