ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Cats vs Creighton on FS1 now. Cats ahead by 2 at half

Lots of misses but 11 points off of TOs.

We all realize that Harry is limited in recruiting with our very academic standards, but we were
beaten last night because we were out-quicked in the second half. We didn't shoot well, but
Creighton gave up problems in running our schemes since they were more athletic. On D we couldn't stop
dribble penetration in one-on-one situations. since we do not give much help. Harry does not like
help D because it opens up treys. In our front court players who play a great deal only Wilkes
is athletic.

Our family owned a house in Havertown until the year 2000, and I have seen games since Harry
started the program. Caroline Coyer might be the best player we have ever had.

Better than Laura Kurz? Laura was first team all big east when Uconn WVU and ND were loaded in 2009, she also scored 1000 pts in 2 seasons with Villanova after playing two years at Duke.

Reactions: simpaul
Hard to figure out this team - some nights when it is all clicking they can beat anyone. I don't get the use of Meghan Quinn - she goes for 20pts and 12 reb then sits out most of the next two games.

Still a really fun team to go and watch. Good group of girls who play hard.

Reactions: simpaul
Whitecat, you have heard of Shelley Pennefather, right?
And Kurtz, and Davis, and Juhline, and Mix?

ace,

Since she only played two (?)years for us, I didn't count Kurtz. I was good friends with Shelley
P's father. I saw her play in high school. As I posted recently, we lack athletes in the front
court although the players are good BB players.

Best player we ever had is an interesting question. Coyer is certainly very good and is generally pretty consistent. Kurtz can still play based on a scrimmage I watched early in the season! Players today (especially in the girls game in my humble opinion) are light years ahead of the old schoolers..at all positions. Hard to compare..across times..achievements within their time should not be discounted in anyway. Then there is the best in Harry's system versus potentially the best player..Coyer is pretty good in both. I don't think Coyer is the type of player (nor should she be expected to), of which rarely do they come along (like a Delle Donne), that can just carry a team by herself. I think she is being asked to carry a heavy load but if Louin and Quinn as starters can consistently help with the the scoring that would be a big help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT