ADVERTISEMENT

Lady Cats

He has been playing like this all year long ( and its awful) Well in order to get an basket you have TOO allow you player to get a RHYTHM and not put people in every minute.

Real Living,

There is some validity to your comment, but Harry runs
the same schemes all the time. Players just fill in a spot.
When we knock down treys, Harry's offense creates big problems.
When the defense goes out to cover the shooter, we run the cutter
offense more effectively. Years ago in a game against the Cuse
up here, fourteen of our consecutive scores were treys; however,
there were some missing two pointers between the treys. I am in the
class of 1958 from VU, and I live just south of Colgate if you know
where that is.

Real Living doesn't seem to be a fan of Harry's. Maybe there is some other motivation here..agree there is some validity to the rotation but there have been some real issues with consistency this year..which also may be related to the system. Need to have better, more consistent shooting percentages from the 3 AND need to get some rebounding and inside scoring presence (really lacking this year)

Why would me being a fan matter? I have right to disagree . Your players are a reflection of you as a coach. If you are a hard working coach, you will have hard working players. If you are a lazy coach, you will have lazy players.By the way Be a consistent coach, you will develop consistent players.

This post was edited on 3/10 8:58 PM by REAL LIVING

Real Living you're beating a long dead horse, the Israeli / Palestinian question we'll be resolved before Harry changes.

You are kidding.... right?

When the Lady Cats are winning..silence from some of you fair weather fans. When the team is leading the nation in fewest TO's per game...silence. Win 22 games, nothing out of some of you.

Then, when 3's don't fall, when we lose to another 20 win team...OMG! The sky is falling, Harry can't coach, the rotation sucks!! (Geee, playing Freshmen doesn't seem to hurt UNC and other programs does it?? You think we are the only program that plays freshmen?)

Cockroaches scatter when the light cuts on. I guess they are coming out of the woodwork when adversity hits.
lurk.r191677.gif

Re: You are kidding.... right?

North Carolina's four freshmen are averaging 18 points a game, 14.3 points a game, 11 points a game and 5.6 points per game, for a total of nearly 50 points per game.

By contrast, Villanova's three freshman are averaging 2.1 points per game, 1.8 points per game and 0.8 points per game.

It's called coaching, making adjustments, looking for a spark. HP didn't win 600 games by accident.

The same people who are criticizing him for playing Freshmen are the same one's who sit on their hands when they are winning, or will bust out the "Well why didn't they give a Freshmen a chance, the regulars aren't getting it done!" comical comments.
Now I see why coaches stay off the message boards.
scared0016.r191677.gif

..600 games.( who did he play ) Since you seem to be on the HP band wagon make sure he recruit more ATHLETIC players not just shooters.(examples rebounder, defensive players, people who run up and down the court at all times) He does not let his upperclass stay on the court long enough to do anything.( its call RHYTHM look it up) I count the seconds and minutes he leaves his players on the court. ( every 10-20 seconds someone coming in) I am done entertaining someone who has no clue that Times has change and SO HAS BASKETBALL.

This post was edited on 3/17 8:31 PM by REAL LIVING

This post was edited on 3/17 8:32 PM by REAL LIVING

Who did he play? Whatever the schedule said he had to play.

Villanova's recruiting appears (on paper) to be improving. Sounds like from the articles out there the incoming groups have high credentials.

HP will probably be in the Hall of Fame one day, he knows what he is doing. Fickle fans are the one's who run off the Jim Foster's of the world (former Ohio State), and now OSU finishes 17-18 this year. Yeah worked out well for them.
ashamed0005.r191677.gif
I like McDuff, and eventually he will win, but Foster had proven he can coach. (Chattanooga, his new school goes 29-3 this year).

Bash away... and go Lady Cats!!

OSU was tired of Coach Foster same old stuff get IT right, they got rid of him too (wonder why) because could he not get past the first round same old stuff different day….Chattanooga WHO must fit his style (slow and boring yawning) Not bashing the girls just the leadership that comes with it Change is good.

I heard Coach Mc Guff is dealing with the mess that was left to him and he cleaning house. They got rid of BU coach for being a bully to her players, coaches think they're bigger than their school…sadly mistaken. One thing I notice you keep comparing Villanova to others schools why ? Worry about Villanova women basketball team.

This post was edited on 3/17 10:02 PM by REAL LIVING

Which articles? Can you provide some info/links, etc for us readers? I did see that Adrianna Hahn received the Gatorade POY for Delaware for the second straight year.

Not kidding

And real living, I am not "worried" about any programs. I am going to support Villanova. As far as bringing up other programs, you rip Villanova for some of the same things going on at other schools. They were pointed out to show you this stuff just doesn't happen at one school. Make it right? Who knows, I am not the coach. But I'm supporting them and will do my part to demonstrate my appreciation for the coaches and players efforts.

This post was edited on 3/28 6:23 AM by Coach4pride

Question for womens bball fans. is it good for womens bball to have literally no parody? i mean those games last night were awful, every year its the same two teams playing for the title. what has to change to make womens bball better and obtain a broader audience?

Is Uconn good for WCBB? on one hand they give exposure to the game but on the other they kill every team they play. its no fun to watch a team with the best 5 players in the country every year with no competition. ND is becoming the same type of program.

I don't want parody. I want Villanova to be able to compete at the highest level and win. That certainly should be possible. The Hell with UConn!

Nova had its chance with Della Don, once she committed to Uconn there was no chance the program would ever be good again.harry was so mad she choose Uconn and could see issues coming for her up there. she lasted all of 1 day. She single handily could have changed the program. With her and Kurz Nova could have been a legit threat to make the final four. instead they made one tourney and got killed by who Utah?

Originally posted by novabball2:
Nova had its chance with Della Don, once she committed to Uconn there was no chance the program would ever be good again.harry was so mad she choose Uconn and could see issues coming for her up there. she lasted all of 1 day. She single handily could have changed the program. With her and Kurz Nova could have been a legit threat to make the final four. instead they made one tourney and got killed by who Utah?
This is 100% fact.

Elena would have been fine at Villanova or Tennessee Tech (where her brother went). UConn was the LAST place she should have gone for many reasons. She would have come back to Villanova if it weren't for the 2 year sit out clause which eliminates intra-conference transfers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT