ADVERTISEMENT

LadyCats Trip

whitecat

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Jul 12, 2001
If you go to the University site, there is a report on the trip to Europe, and the games are included. I think you will see some new names that might help up this year.

I am perfectly aware of the LadyCats' play and record the last few years, but when we were nationally competitive about seven or eight years ago I enjoyed watching them as much as any mens' team. I prefer a great backdoor cut to a highlight reel dunk any day of the week.

Whitecat, I agree, but this program is adrift with no port in sight. Time for a change in direction.

Whitecat -

I am right with you as far as the style of play for the women's game, but we may be in the minority. I enjoyed seeing Griner slam down some dunks in the shootaround prior to the final four last year, but I certainly don't want to see it as regular part of the games.

Unfortunately the international rules committee is apparently actively seeking to propose a lowering of the basket for the women to increase the above the rim play and "increase fan interest" in the game. Just what we need, another reason to hear the "small ball" tag applied to the women.

All that being said, the Nova women are going to be too small and not quick enough to compete with most Big East teams once again. We certainly can't expect the good non-conference record that we had last year again so twelve or thirteen wins this year might be the limit. I will support them and hopefully be proved wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT