ADVERTISEMENT

Leer 1000

Nov 2, 2009
Did anyone notice that Harry and Mike arranged to have Emily fouled so she could get to the foul line and attempt to get her 1000th point?

She ended up with exactly 1000 with that last shot.

Nice gesture.

Good for Emily, she deserved it.

I wish Lauren could have achieved the mark also... needed the next two games though.

I guess the trophy ball presentation will have to take place at the dinner.

This post was edited on 3/29 10:23 PM by It's Just Me

This post was edited on 3/29 10:24 PM by It's Just Me

This post was edited on 3/29 10:25 PM by It's Just Me

Leer could run a clinic simply based on that reverse dribble
step back shot from ten feet.

I am sure that Dean Kenefick gave Harry the heads up on Emily being a point shy. I was never a big fan of Mike Carey but that was pretty cool for him to do that. Harry has done that several times for other players, but I don't remember anyone doing that for a Nova player. Harry got Nekeysha Sales the UConn point record after she broke her ankle one point short, and got Sugar Rogers the Big East tournament single game record a few years ago after her coach had removed her from the game one point shy.

Carey seemed to get a thank you from Emily in the handshake line, a she got a hug from him in return. Carey then gave her some nice compliments in the post-game comments.

Great finish for Emily; wish she would have hit that last foul shot and she would have joined the just as select company of Nova players that have scored 30 or more points in a game. Laura fell just a bit short of the 1000 mark; Caroline Coyer should get her 1000 in the first few games next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT