ADVERTISEMENT

Mets Rotation: better than 90s Braves

image.JPG

Steve Avery's 1993 season is one of the most bizarre aberrations in recent Major League history.

When Matz and Syndergaard throw more than 100 innings in a season, we can make judgments.

I went to a game last Friday and saw Syndergaard pitch. The kid looked great. He was throwing 97 in the 8th inning. I didn't call my family but it was a great showing.

An added bonus to last Friday's game was that Oliver Perez came in for Arizona to pitch to one batter. It was not a warm reception by the Mets fans.

They are as good as it gets at this stage in their career. If I were a met fan I would be pretty excited about the future. If they add two bats to that line up they could be contenders.

Harvey is not as good as Maddux was. He has potential. The 90s Braves' top 3 regluarly had sub-3.00 ERAs - Colon? Niese? Not quite.

I contend that Maddux wasn't physically gifted. The guy gave up four home runs in 200 innings in 1993. You don't do that by just getting by on smarts and craftiness.

In general, most pro athletes, even schlubby baseball players could have been all-state in any sport they focused on. With the exception of Bartolo Colon, of course.

Incredible coordination and quickness isn't something most people can just train themselves into.

Colon being replaced by wheeler for next season. I love watching everyone on the staff pitch, but we really gotta deal one for a bat.
2016:
Degrom
Harvey
Matz
Thor
Wheeler

Trade niese or move Thor to pen. I'm not buying the 6 man. Harvey will bail for the Yankees the first chance he gets, I wouldn't mind dealing him.

Maddox was an unbelievable athlete. Glavine played high level hockey and Smoltz is a scratch golfer (was also said to be the best athlete of the group).

Last edited:
Harvey isn't eligible for FA until after the 2018 season. If he isn't signed by the start of the 2018 season then you can think about trading him, not now.

The move I wanted them to make was to try and get Cespedes - bet the Red Sox wish they got someone like Jon Niese for him instead of Porcello.

Hard to take a team serious that bats John Mayberry 4th in a game. Mayberry makes Jeff Francoeur look like Nelson Cruz.

The difference between the Phillies/Mets this year is the starting rotations. Switch them and the records would switch.

Reactions: ChuckSullivan97
Didn't realize the Mets lineup was that bad. Wow. Only offense in the NL worse than the Phillies. Their BA is 13 points lower. Didn't know that was possible.

Good starting pitching will always give you a chance. The Mets are in the thick of a race with a poor line-up.

Revere, Ben
Werth, Jayson
Brown, Dominic

All people you said were good and then you trashed when they left.

I never trashed Jayson Werth after leaving. I think he's a touch on the douchey side, but he's been a good player when in the line-up. He was douchey when he was in Philly. Don't blame him one bit for taking the money. Never criticized that part of it.

I never called Revere good. He's ok. He can do a few things good, but has major flaws in some areas, Hitting .300 and stealing 40 bases don't make up enough for his weaknesses.

Brown was highly-touted. I criticized the Phillies when they dicked him around early on. Going back and forth between teams. He has an unbelievable 6-week stretch that had no chance of ever being repeated, but it was encouraging. Today, he is lost and needs a change of scenery for everyone's sake. I don't believe he'll ever figure it out.

Newsflash: Revere and Brown are still on the team. Not sure what this, "trashed when they left," comment means. They're still on the team.

Really, dude. You have to do better than just making up lies.

I never trashed Jayson Werth after leaving. I think he's a touch on the douchey side, but he's been a good player when in the line-up. He was douchey when he was in Philly. Don't blame him one bit for taking the money. Never criticized that part of it.

I never called Revere good. He's ok. He can do a few things good, but has major flaws in some areas, Hitting .300 and stealing 40 bases don't make up enough for his weaknesses.

Brown was highly-touted. I criticized the Phillies when they dicked him around early on. Going back and forth between teams. He has an unbelievable 6-week stretch that had no chance of ever being repeated, but it was encouraging. Today, he is lost and needs a change of scenery for everyone's sake. I don't believe he'll ever figure it out.

Newsflash: Revere and Brown are still on the team. Not sure what this, "trashed when they left," comment means. They're still on the team.

Really, dude. You have to do better than just making up lies.
To be fair, I am not really trying.

Per usual because you're often clueless on these matters.
Yawn. I told you the following things.

1. Bynum trade was terrible and he was going to suck
  2. Phillies were going to stop being good in 2011
  3. Jimmy Rollins and Chaz Utley would not go to the HOF
  4. Donovan McNabb was a system QB

And that is just me trolling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT