ADVERTISEMENT

Mets Rotation: better than 90s Braves

The mets line up last night against Kershaw have the following BA. The league average is .253, so they had one guy in yesterday's lineup better than league average....by 1 thousandth of a %. The Met's team average is .233.

.139 (Colon)

That is amazing. Also funny that Justin Turner (batting .321) was non tendered after the 2013 season and the Dodgers picked him up. He made $1 mil last years and signed a $2.5 mil contract this year.

Nardi reels in burrs every time. Usually with little to no bait.

2na7drl.jpg

Reels me in via lying?

I don't get that. Breaking balls on things I actually say is totally acceptable and often welcomes, but having to create things is weak.

If you criticize something and Burrs agrees: reasonable. You are not less of a fan.
Criticize something that he disagrees with: you are less of a fan.

Nah, that's not my motto. I just find it bizarre that you call yourself a fan and criticize everything. What's the point? Just stop following the team. It's the easiest thing to do.

Yawn. I told you the following things.

1. Bynum trade was terrible and he was going to suck
  2. Phillies were going to stop being good in 2011
  3. Jimmy Rollins and Chaz Utley would not go to the HOF
  4. Donovan McNabb was a system QB

And that is just me trolling.

1. You played the percentages. Nothing special about that. I liked the trade at time, but acknowledged the risk. He was healthy the season prior. It failed.

2. They won 102 games in 2011. They were still good.

3. That's fine. I stated Rollins has a 45% chance in TQ thread the other day and my only comment all along is that he's more in the conversation than people think. Never said Utley was a HOF'er. Never. I agree. No chance.

4. I don't think I have ever had an extensive debate about McNabb on this board. I don't memorize everything you say, but you didn't tell me anything about McNabb because I wasn't listening.

Reels me in via lying?

I don't get that. Breaking balls on things I actually say is totally acceptable and often welcomes, but having to create things is weak.

Reels you in because he just trolls you by claiming you said dumb shit (which may or may not be true but he really doesn't know) and you respond every time because you can't let anything anti-CoP slide without some sort of response. It's kind of a running joke only you never see it.

Reminds me of Rounders when Matt Damon says if you can't spot the sucker at the table, then you are the sucker.

Reels you in because he just trolls you by claiming you said dumb shit (which may or may not be true but he really doesn't know) and you respond every time because you can't let anything anti-CoP slide without some sort of response. It's kind of a running joke only you never see it.

Reminds me of Rounders when Matt Damon says if you can't spot the sucker at the table, then you are the sucker.

Actually, I respond to set the record straight. I don't need idiotic comments being associated with my good name on this newsgroup :)

I just find it bizarre that you call yourself a fan and criticize everything.

The 76ers suck. They have sucked for a couple years. And most of their decisions have sucked, too.

And their sales pitch to fans is:

"If we suck for a few more years, we'll have better odds of drafting a player that might come up in the draft, at which point THEN we will try to sign decent supporting players that may or may not be available. But here are some new logos. Buy some t-shirts that won't fit you anymore by the time this team will actually attempt to crack .500."
(runs to bank with fat revenue sharing check)

The 76ers suck. They have sucked for a couple years. And most of their decisions have sucked, too.

And their sales pitch to fans is:

"If we suck for a few more years, we'll have better odds of drafting a player that might come up in the draft, at which point THEN we will try to sign decent supporting players that may or may not be available. But here are some new logos. Buy some t-shirts that won't fit you anymore by the time this team will actually attempt to crack .500."
(runs to bank with fat revenue sharing check)

If you feel that way it's fine. Seriously, not a single issue with any of it. But again, why waste your time talking about them or caring about the things they do? I mean, just wipe them away from your existence. I just don't get why someone with this much venom would waste their time jumping in every thread where they are mentioned. Makes no sense.

If you feel that way it's fine. Seriously, not a single issue with any of it. But again, why waste your time talking about them or caring about the things they do? I mean, just wipe them away from your existence. I just don't get why someone with this much venom would waste their time jumping in every thread where they are mentioned. Makes no sense.

Why? Because I want an entertaining NBA team in my town that I can go see live. I would like NBA basketball to be a topic of discussion and interest in the greater CoP. It hasn't been for at least 10 years because of an avalanche of sh*tty decisions.

Is David Wright done for the year?

The Mets add Uribe and Johnson from Braves. Can't hurt, but not impact bats at this stage unless they find lightning in the bottle over final two months.

Wright is supposed to return to the team and start some rehab stint or something, who knows. D'arnaud back in a week, maybe Conforto adds a little bit along with the 2 Braves guys. At this point average play would be something special for the offensive unit. Maybe Matz relatively soon too? If that, Niese for another bat? They should be able to stay on the fringes for a while.

Wright is supposed to return to the team and start some rehab stint or something, who knows. D'arnaud back in a week, maybe Conforto adds a little bit along with the 2 Braves guys. At this point average play would be something special for the offensive unit. Maybe Matz relatively soon too? If that, Niese for another bat? They should be able to stay on the fringes for a while.

So, if Wright got healthy he is obviously at 3B. So, who plays SS/2B between Murphy, Flores, Tejeda, Johnson, Uribe, and is Herrera still around? How many infielders can one team have?

You know, I was thinking the same thing. I guess by the time Wright would come around (if ever) it would probably be close to September when they would have more room. They might have been thinking of that with the relatively minor trade to add a couple half decent bats at low cost. Yeah Herrera is still out there too and might actually be the long term 2B. Anyway, in that whole group you list you probably have one 2B (pick Murph, Flores or Herrera, I guess) and no long term good solution at SS and 3B. Yes there is work to do to make this a gr8 team and not just a fringe WC team.

Meija failed another drug test. Gets a 162-game ban. Dude, what's your problem? Caught twice in the same year.

No intra-family phone calls about the suspension, just a few texts joking about it. Don't need him, he was ineligible for the playoffs anyway.

Harvey isn't eligible for FA until after the 2018 season. If he isn't signed by the start of the 2018 season then you can think about trading him, not now.

The move I wanted them to make was to try and get Cespedes - bet the Red Sox wish they got someone like Jon Niese for him instead of Porcello.

Awesome fcking post. So spot on. Asshole.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT