ADVERTISEMENT

Miami/South Beach recommendations

UncleBill69

Diaper Dandy
Nov 29, 2015
Looking for hotel and restaurant advice. Heading down in February for a weekend getaway. This is where BW shines. Threads like this. No hacky John bolaris jokes please.

Fountainebleau is one of the more beautiful hotels you'll ever see but its also crazy expensive. Same with Loews Miami

as for restaurants, Joe's Stone Crab is a favorite of mine. If you want casual- Bokamper's has damn good wings

What are you lookin for and budget?

The restaurant at the freehand hostel is great.. One of My better recent meals . It's called 27 and the scene there is pretty cool in general.

Sugarcane, Michaels Genuine and Cena all good options for food. You also have your prime 112/ red for steak.

Lost weekend and macs club deduce for dive bars.

Hotels you have tons of options depending upon what you are looking for. I like staying on the bayside it's a bit more relaxed but I'm also with wife. Mondrian and standard are over there

$300-$500 a night for hotel. Something on beach if possible.
You will have good options in thay range. It all depends on the scene. I've stayed at a ton places and each different. Last time down I stayed at the SLS. Rooms were tiny and over-priced but if you want the most crazy pool scene and looking to rage, it's the obvious spot. However, think spring break in cancun. Miami in all its cheesy glory. Other plusses, great club, location is 2nd to none in middle of everything on beach, restaurants incredible. Downside, crazy expensive, my closet at home is bigger than the rooms. Complete party scene. Avoid if that not your cup of tea. But then why pick miami? I went last time with my wife and 3 other couples. Wife and I dug it but I probably would not stay there again. Lots of money for what you are getting. They are charging based on the fact it's the cool spot now. Club and pool scene sick but not for everyone.

The Shore Club would be my pick. Bigger rooms, awesome location, great club and restaurants. Pool scene is much more tame than SLS but still good. Just not the hedonism that engulfs SLS.

Lowes, great location, nice pool and rooms are great. Service is really good for miami. Downside, more of a family hotel if one exists in the heart of South beach. Great property and where I'd stay with my kids.

Ritz, way over-priced and not up to Ritz standards, pass given the cost.

Fountain bleu, love it but the location. Is not great, far away from heart of South beach. Great pool, just updated the rooms-property, great but location a significant downside in my view.

Delano, I love it for all the cheese it represents. Great location and the Lenny Kravitz club, awesome. However, would not stay but go for a drink and party.

For me it's all about location and pool scene. I go to Miami to party, eat good food and be in the action. So I would recommend you stay In those blocks on Collins that are central to all the action. Traffic is awful and if you have rely on driving you're screwed.

So many good restaurants it comes down to preference. Two comments, Bazaar (in the SLS, Jose Andres) is spectacular. It's small plates and expensive but worth every penny. If you do joes, the only way to get a decent table is show up and slip the host 100. If not, you might be able to eat by the bar but it's a long wait unless you get there when they open. Happy to provide any follow up.

Last edited:
Blue Marlin Fish House
2500 NE 163rd St Miami, FL
(305) 957-8822

Benny's Seafood
295 NW 82nd Ave Miami, FL
(305) 227-1232

11th Street Diner
1065 Washington Ave Miami Beach, FL
(305) 534-6373

I have been to Miami a few times and f*cking hate it. I hate the people and I am not a club guy so I guess that's why.

Definitely Joe's Stone Crabs. They do not take reservations - first come, first served. If you want to be seated in under 2 hours better get there by, or queue up before, opening time (think 5:00). Though, hanging out at the bar while waiting is a pretty good time as well. http://www.joesstonecrab.com/coming-to-joes

News Cafe on Ocean Drive for breakfast

Wet Willie's for great frozen drinks

Larios on Ocean Drive (Gloria Estefan owns/used to own)

Can't advise much on hotels as when I used to go there, was much younger and staying at the cheaper boutique places like Boulevard, Clevelander, Avalon, etc.

Definitely Joe's Stone Crabs. They do not take reservations - first come, first served. If you want to be seated in under 2 hours better get there by, or queue up before, opening time (think 5:00). Though, hanging out at the bar while waiting is a pretty good time as well. http://www.joesstonecrab.com/coming-to-joes

Or just slip the maître de a $100 and you'll get seated very quickly.

Quality Meats has become one of the hot spots for steak houses on the beach, more so than Prime 112. Not sure I'd go to Miami for a steak, but place is hopping these days.

I typically don't stay on the beach (usually say at the Four Seasons on Brickell), but Loews is always a good easy option, as are the W and Ritz

Great suggestions all around here, but a fantastic foodie place with good scenery too, but no attitude is

yardbird

Do a lunch there

At night it's tough to not end up at SLS for me

I don't consider having sex with animals or people other than my wife. I'm also too old, with too many responsibilities to be taking ebombs (believe the kids now call it molly) or do lines of my ladies boobs. However, once in a while we still get after it and have fun. I don't need hardcore drugs or strange to rage. However, I always encourage the lady to get drunk and make a bunch of bad decisions.

You may want to ask this CoP'er for advice

tumblr_inline_n142xehjpY1r766mo.jpg

Good call on yardbird - a very un-Miami spot, though.

The Ritz in Key Biscayne is great if you want to be isolated, long drive to south beach and absolutely nothing going on over there. Love going there to truly get away, but not your typical "Miami" vacation

Just stayed at South Beach for two nights.

I would highly recommend OLA - at the Sanctuary Hotel. Kind of a dressy place, nice ambience. It's got a Latin American style cuisine. It's up near 17th just off Ocean dr and Collins.

We had Four different types of plates of Ceviche. Just tried a lot of various apps. The Fire & Ice, Snapper, and Wahoo ceviche was absolutely incredible. Definitely some food you normally wouldn't go out and eat.

Also, went to a Fish Called Avalon. It was okay. Grilled octopus was decent.

Had a decent lunch with mahi mahi tacos at local house.

We stayed at the Stanton Hotel (Marriott property). It's newly renovated. Stayed for free using my 300k plus Marriott points, The rooms were very nice. Got an upgrade for ocean side view the 2nd night.

Took advantage of free conceirge lounge and breakfast every morning which saved a few hundred bucks. Parking was atrocious at $42 a night though.

"A" HOLE - the Keys are 30 miles by car, Nassau is a flight

Lighten up

Big Pink breakfasts are amazing, full bar there as usual for that city. Havana 1957 is reasonable and very good for lunch or dinner, great mojitos if that is "kinda your thing."

Third lunch at Yardbird, fried chicken.

HAHAHa........way to go unclebill........where do you think the keys and key biscayne are??? HAha....calling others dickhead when you need a geography lesson.....HAHA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT