ADVERTISEMENT

NFL to issue letter of apology for Deflategate?

qwe015

All VUSports.com Team
Oct 2, 2009
Apparently only one ball was underinflated, and many think that is the ball the colts gave to the refs as a plant?

Loving it!! What a week to be a Pat's fan!!

When this jealousy-driven fiasco is over Kraft is gonna tell Goddell to go get his shine box

So Colts GM ryan Grigson is looking very Mangini-like at this time. Ouch.

Anyway, I feel like a Penn stater hashtagging #409, except my rooting interest did not enable the sexual molestation of many young children.

A couple of weeks ago all the jealous haters like lowry99 were up in arms, but they are suddenly silent.

I love how a guy like Jerry Rice gets all indignant about 'deflategate' and says the super bowls the pats have should have asterisks, then in basically the same breath says he used stickum on his gloves. is mark brunell gonna cry about this too? what a joke

Originally posted by qwe015:
So Colts GM ryan Grigson is looking very Mangini-like at this time. Ouch.

Anyway, I feel like a Penn stater hashtagging #409, except my rooting interest did not enable the sexual molestation of many young children.

A couple of weeks ago all the jealous haters like lowry99 were up in arms, but they are suddenly silent.
I'll admit that the Pats win shut me up. It was legitimate, thugh I was sad to see Seattle f--- it up obviously, would have been sweet to see them lose again. Deflategate didn't really bother me, Colts were DOA in that game regardless. Tommy Boy and Bill earned this one.

The first three Super Bowl "wins" by NE are still heavily tainted and deserve asterisks though.

Originally posted by lowry99:

The first three Super Bowl "wins" by NE are still heavily tainted and deserve asterisks though.
Why? Because the Pats were doing something [recording/stealing opponents' signals] that other teams commonly did, including the Cowboys, Broncos and Colts?

how do you feel about the Broncos back to back titles in the late 90s knowing they cheating the salary cap to sign players they shouldn't have been able to sign? should they have asterisks too? the 49ers employed similar tactics.

I think the deflategate hysteria is going to blow up in the NFLs face by illuminating the culture of cheating/rules infractions that has existed for years across many teams.

The Carmen Policy 49ers cheated the salary cap for years and won a super bowl in 1995...not to many people are bitching and complaining about that organization. Dallas and the Redskins also cheated the Salary cap and were fined but no one cares because those teams have sucked.

If you think what BB did was wrong, do you think BB starting his video taping in NE? Super Bowl 25 seems awfully suspicious...they shut down the best offense in the league and won the game with a back up QB. or 1986 Phil Simms going 22 of 25 in the Super Bowl against the broncos...that also should raise an eyebrow.

I think anyone who tries to use 'spygate' as a means to diminish the pats' success at this point either doesn't understand what the controversy was about or has an ax to grind [or both].

most of the media has been very lazy [surprise] in educating the common fans about what really happened and of course its a lot easier to be jealous and say "cheater!"

these pieces help explain things...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1061258-fired-up-setting-the-record-straight-on-spygate
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/199345-the-truth-about-spygate-punishing-success-and-promoting-parity

Lowry what you said about the Super Bowls being tainted makes absolutely zero sense. What they got in trouble for during spy gate was completely legal during all of their Super Bowl wins.

Spygate cracks me up the most. I could sit there with a go pro and capture the exact same footage and check it out later. It's like complaining about a team paying too close attention to a third base coach's signals to the batter and/or runner.

Anyway, good to hear from you lowry99. Time to just respect brady for what he is, the best ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT