ADVERTISEMENT

Nice Win !!

ccoyer

VUSports.com All-American
Gold Member
Oct 7, 2007
The new runnin' Wildcats stun Michigan State to start off the year. Everyone will love the new uptempo game.

MSU was picked to come in third in the Big Ten. Its a huge win for the program. I saw Burford led us in scoring with Rachel and Laura. Nice win and unusual that we win a game with the score in the 70's.

A score in the 70s really blows my mind. I didn't post much last year out of frustration, but I have followed the LadyCats s prior to the Shelly P. days.
needatobaby, if your wife is/was a high school English teacher, I had a pleasant talk with her up in the Dome a few years back. I live just south of Colgate in the hills, and I hope to see the LadyCats this season. Go Harry with the LadyCats.

Wow! Quite a sight to see today. A much more uptempo style of play, entertaining and exciting. We hit our annual quota of one fastbreak layup with a driving one on one by Sweeney. Despite the uptempo, only 11 turnovers for the game. Not outrebounded by a lot despite some big girls up front for MSU. Hardly any fouls, never put MSU in the bonus. Hit about 50% on three balls.

Didn't do too many things wrong the entire game. Down 22-11 early on mostly as a result of threes dropping from all over by MSU the team clawed its way back to within a point several times in the first half but couldn't quite get over the hump. A 3 by Kimmell with a few seconds left put us down by only one at the half. I think the 36 points we had at half was more than the game total we had for four or five games last year.

MSU did not shoot nearly as well in the second half but still had us down by five or six about midway in the second half, but a tight D and some timely shooting overcame that and built a 4 to six point lead with about four to play. No real slowdown in the offense until there was less than two to play and then Kane took over scoring four straight 1 and 1 opportunities to seal the deal.

Impressive debuts by Burford and Leer, although it was almost comical to see Leer trying to front the 6-7 freshman center MSU brought off of the bench. Everyone played well. Harry substituted five for five at the first media time out but after that brought people in one at a time.

Was told that the team scored 99 against Wagner in a scrimmage so lets keep our fingers crossed hoping we really have some scoring power this year - it's been a long time.

Win #599 for Harry was definately one for the memory banks. Hopefully no letdown tomorrow against what appeared to be a good Iona team.
This post was edited on 11/11 6:23 PM by tpenter

When Harry and Co convinced the twins of their commitment to the uptempo change in style of play, that took them over the top in their recruitment. Needless to say, we were all skeptical for awhile.

The team is just learning to push the pace a bit and play baseline to baseline, but their early success bodes well for the future. The coaches are only recruiting athletes these days who can both play transition basketball, yet grasp his half court Xs and Os concepts as well.

They should be alot more fun to watch, for sure. We have the feeling it will prove itself to be more productive in the W column as well.

Hey, almost forgot to congratulate you on your sons games at Temple!!! You have to be proud and good for you.

Thanks...whole lot of stuff goin' on these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT