ADVERTISEMENT

Nico Mannion Reclassifies Into 2019 Class

JoshNaso

Jul 4, 2016
Rivals' Corey Evans reports that the Nova target has officially reclassified into the the 2019 class, an option that he has been considering for some time.

Villanova has been a heavy presence at Mannion's summer exploits, as the Cats currently sit in his top 10.

Evans reports that Mannion will cut his list to five or six schools very soon, possibly by the end of the week, and will look to start scheduling visits from there.

In addition to Villanova, Mannion's top 10 includes Arizona, Duke, Kansas, Oregon, UCLA, USC, Utah, Marquette and Vanderbilt. It will be interesting to see who makes the cut, as I ran into some difficulty when trying to make a prediction, but I believe Nova will make his final group. Evans feels that Arizona and Nova are early frontrunners.

The more I read about and see from Mannion the more intrigued I become about seeing him in a Villanova uniform, as his elite vision and ability to score make it easy to see him thriving in the Nova system.

It will be interesting to see if the Cats can pull a player from way outside their usual Mid-Atlantic/Northeast Corridor recruiting sphere. We've seen Nova expand its reach a bit with the 2019 group with players like Mannion (AZ), Josh Green (FL via Australia) and Malik Hall (KS), and it would be interesting to see what effect landing one or more of those players would do to the recruiting philosophy going forward.

Regardless, Mannion would be a huge get and I expect the Cats to make a hard push to land him. His decision to reclassify only adds intrigue into what is already shaping up as an exciting end of summer and fall. You can read Evans' full article here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.