ADVERTISEMENT

Not A Word From AD About Football , Yet

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
On Aug 17 I got an e-mail encouraging me to take a trip with the hoops team to Charleston Nov. 17 to 21. Expensive trip. Cause me to miss VU v UD a great football rivalry. Think this AD cares about football? What a phony. Glad to see him leave in two years. My guess, he had a great time on those basketball trips last spring. So long phony.

Reactions: centraljerseycat
On Aug 17 I got an e-mail encouraging me to take a trip with the hoops team to Charleston Nov. 17 to 21. Expensive trip. Cause me to miss VU v UD a great football rivalry. Think this AD cares about football? What a phony. Glad to see him leave in two years. My guess, he had a great time on those basketball trips last spring. So long phony.

Ditto

Reactions: softness1
Great rivalry and Talley's last regular season game. Jackson should be in Newark not the 3rd rate Charleston tournament.

I'm so disappointed in the lack of coverage of our football team. It's Talley's last year and there really is no promotion at all. They started going over the team's positions and players about 2 weeks ago but stopped after 2 days.. Last year there was a complete break down of all the positions and players.. This year is sad..

We have seen more Villanova football publicity from the CAA and Phily.com than from the school itself.

It's so odd especially, with it being Talley's last year.. You'd think there would be a lot of publicity about his last hurrah with his beloved team. It's really terrible and disrespectful to him in my opinion..

Also, why not ride the wave of the NCAA champs, our basketball team, to get the word out about the football team... Soak up all up.. Urgh.. I get so frustrated being a fan. It's such an abusive relationship...lol.. but I'm not leaving.. :(

Reactions: Biogelusa
Football is being de-emphasized at Villanova. This is a good thing. You are among a very small portion of the villanova community who cares about this low level program.

Our hoops team is the flagship sport at villanova. Apfter basketball we need to spend on soccer, lax and running. Football should go non-scholarship.

I hope our AD sticks around for a long time. Good man, not afraid to re-prioritize.

The only reason to care about talley's final season is because it will free up some miney for our womens soccer budget with his contract off the books.

Also, why not ride the wave of the NCAA champs, our basketball team, to get the word out about the football team... :(

Takes resources to get the word out. Resources that are best spent elsewhere. Enough already. Football fans are greedy handout takers.

Until they can put some more fans into the seats, it's hard to argue against scaling down the program. Attendance is and has been pathetic - virtually no real tailgating - basically a high school level stadium - student body/alumni that could care less. Other than that, ...........

Using all the logic above then Villanova should drop all sports outside Men's hoops.

There are no alumni/students showing up to any sporting events other than men's basketball.

Cut all the other sports too. No one cares about soccer, lacrosse, or any other program you tout. So why should football be held only to this standard?

The athletic department does nothing to even try to promote football. They could increase attendance, interest, & create revenue to offset costs. There isn't even an attempt. The AD promotes 11/19 hoops game in Charleston while we will be @ Delaware that day. A joke.

He claims he's a football guy. Nothing has changed since him getting here. They don't even promote current players choosing to show Don Cherry & JR on their off season camps, etc. marketing info.

A little effort & it can be different, but if we are to just be critical of footbsll then get rid of every sport outside of men's basketball. The soccer programs held up as national programs by you guys regularly get about 500 fans if that. If that is the case no reason to have it. Right?

Your arguments are stale as is the attention paid to the football program by our supposedly football guy AD.

Until they can put some more fans into the seats, it's hard to argue against scaling down the program. Attendance is and has been pathetic - virtually no real tailgating - basically a high school level stadium - student body/alumni that could care less. Other than that, ...........
Never has their been a marketing program for football. Until the school makes some effort, I am against cutting back or dropping. On another topic, fund raising, VU has been successful. Example, a super football building that will enhance all other athletic programs - cost 18 m ,16 m raised so far.

Using all the logic above then Villanova should drop all sports outside Men's hoops.

There are no alumni/students showing up to any sporting events other than men's basketball.

Cut all the other sports too. No one cares about soccer, lacrosse, or any other program you tout. So why should football be held only to this standard?

The athletic department does nothing to even try to promote football. They could increase attendance, interest, & create revenue to offset costs. There isn't even an attempt. The AD promotes 11/19 hoops game in Charleston while we will be @ Delaware that day. A joke.

He claims he's a football guy. Nothing has changed since him getting here. They don't even promote current players choosing to show Don Cherry & JR on their off season camps, etc. marketing info.

A little effort & it can be different, but if we are to just be critical of footbsll then get rid of every sport outside of men's basketball. The soccer programs held up as national programs by you guys regularly get about 500 fans if that. If that is the case no reason to have it. Right?

Your arguments are stale as is the attention paid to the football program by our supposedly football guy AD.

Not true.

Those other sports compete at the highest level. We should fully fund sports that compete at the highest collegiate level.

Not true.

Those other sports compete at the highest level. We should fully fund sports that compete at the highest collegiate level.
Ah, you again...greedy handout takers...get over yourself...have multiple times under your other aliases offered to help you professionally...you need it or better yet go away...

Im fine with that. Let's talk about fully funding football to play at FBS level.
Now you are talking.

Not happening.

Now that we are back to reality, do you understand why the majority if the Villanova community wants to decrease our football expenses in order to focus on sports in which we compete at the highest level?

Former USC Asst. AD should be glad he's not in LA to take the roasting being handed out by the public after "Bama smoked the the Men of Troy 52-6 in worst opening game ever. Wildcat football looks good in comparison. Have to think Cat's offense will look better at FCS level. Defense held it's own against mid-level FBS Pitt. Actually Pitt's hoops team would have suffered the same fate against the defending basketball National Champs.

Former USC Asst. AD should be glad he's not in LA to take the roasting being handed out by the public after "Bama smoked the the Men of Troy 52-6 in worst opening game ever. Wildcat football looks good in comparison. Have to think Cat's offense will look better at FCS level. Defense held it's own against mid-level FBS Pitt. Actually Pitt's hoops team would have suffered the same fate against the defending basketball National Champs.
Cats defense was SUPER. Shut down Pitt running game. This Sat a different story. Lehigh will throw the ball more than Pitt. A different challenge for our guys. Offense will get better. Soon I hope.

Why should this guy hype up our football team? Our bread is buttered with basketball. We host a pre-season hoops scrimmage, we have 6 thousand fans show up. We host a fcs playoff game we draw a thousand fans.

Basketball is the face of the franchise.
Football is a waste of money and resources.

Why should this guy hype up our football team? Our bread is buttered with basketball. We host a pre-season hoops scrimmage, we have 6 thousand fans show up. We host a fcs playoff game we draw a thousand fans.

Basketball is the face of the franchise.
Football is a waste of money and resources.
Now you are as002...sometimes qwe024...all the time Ball...get the help you need...you horrible Axis II, cluster B personality disorders are becoming a real nuisance...

The logic you use that football should go away because basketball is king can be applied to the sports that you claim need the support.

Can't have it both ways.

PS: Football coaches salary is paid through a generous alumni endowment. Get your facts straight. It's looks bad for your argument.

No, I don't think football should go away. I think football should be funded more appropriately, and that more resources should be devoted to sports where our athletes compete at the highest collegiate level.

We can cut the football budget by $4 mill and still spend have the same operating budget as Harvard. Sounds good to me. Then we can take that $4 mill and build a powerhouse women's soccer program, something the school can be proud of, instead of our loser football team.

Cats defense was SUPER. Shut down Pitt running game. This Sat a different story. Lehigh will throw the ball more than Pitt. A different challenge for our guys. Offense will get better. Soon I hope.

Good to hear "Move those sticks" echoing out from Heinz Field sec 519. Sorry we did not get a chance to say hello. Maybe tonight. Top of North Stands.

Defense SUPER?? 28 points. Whatever.
The D did not give up 28 pts. If you want a discussion, get your facts correct.
Held 2014 ACC player of the year James Connor to 57 yds on 17 carries. Never allowed QB Nate Peterman to get into any kind of rhythm with his wide receivers. Held a good running team like Pitt to 86 yds.

You give new meaning to the words homer/delusional/apologist. In a year (or less), you'll be saying we shoulda'/coulda' beat Pitt. You don't think that Pitt realized they were playing a relative patsy and held back a lot of stuff knowing they were facing PSU this week? There IS a substantial difference between 1A and AA.
Start smoking something different.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT