ADVERTISEMENT

Nova escapes from Sacred Heart in OT, 62-59

tpenter

Diaper Dandy
Nov 27, 2005
Offensively challenged the whole game, Nova escaped with an overtime win on the back of Devon Kane, scoring 20 points, almost all in key points at the end of regulation and in overtime. A perfect 10-10 from the foul line before missing her last shot, her driving layups and foul shooting made up for the lack of offense from the rest of the squad.

Nova trailed by as much as 7 late in the second half, coming back on the three point shooting of Emily Leer and Kane's heroics, including making all three foul shots after getting knocked down shooting a three.

Not a pretty game to watch, but once again a Nova player stepped up to take charge and pull out a victory.

Next up is 4-0 Lafayette at home on Sunday. Nova wiped out Lafayette at their place last year, but look to have a much improved team this year. Never going to be easy for the Nova team this year if we struggle making the threes.

Alright..enough of this stuff...it would have been a major blow to loose to Lehigh and especially Sacred Heart.. They better get it together and quick for their conference games...

You are aware that Sacred Heart took St. Johns to OT, right?

Ignoring the fact that we were flat, SH is a pretty darn good team. Do your homework, bro.

I was aware and also that St John's is 4-0 but not sure if I think they have proven anything yet. I think they were picked 3rd in the conference..Nova 4th..so..they are not really the standard. But I'm glad they won.

And I agree with tpenter..the box scores weren't pretty...thankfully Kane and Buford showed up shooting wise..or it would have been pretty ugly... Bro..

This post was edited on 11/22 7:51 AM by simpaul

All teams have substandard games, but good teams find a way to win those types of games anyway. I think there will be any one of a handful of players that will step up during the season at an opportune time. In this case vs Sacred Heart, both teams emphasize aggressive defensive perimeter play which will always make for an awkward game.

This group is a true team, with strengths that have yet to be utilized on the court this early in the season. I also think that the coaches and players are still feeling out the change in officiating and how that needs to reflect in a successful style of play.

The shooting will all average out in the end and you know that this team is going to open a can on some poor team in the next week or so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT