ADVERTISEMENT

Nova Football recruit.......

Mainliner II

VUSports.com Legend
Apr 25, 2006
Jarrett McClenton, a running back for Archbishop Wood, is playing in the AAA State Championship game Friday, 7:00 in Hershey, against Central Valley. The game is televised live on Pa Cable Network, channel 186 on Comcast. McClenton has committed to Nova.

Andy has two very good running backs coming in next year: this kid from Wood and the kid from Neshaminy who led PA in rushing yards last year.

Don't know how true this is, but I was told by an assistant coach at a local suburban high school that Villanova has pulled their ofter from the Neshaminy recruit.

Originally posted by UncleEd:
Don't know how true this is, but I was told by an assistant coach at a local suburban high school that Villanova has pulled their ofter from the Neshaminy recruit.
Ed.....haven't heard that, but, the two recruits are very similar in ability, size, and speed. Think McClenton might have an edge
in the academic area.

It was not academics.
McClenton has rushed for 1,956 yds. and 33 TDs. Wood does have a super, big ,strong O line. For that matter so does Nova.

Originally posted by UncleEd:
I hope this isn't true. I sometimes wonder how much better we would be if Abdur-Rahman was still on the squad. That kid definitely gave us another dimension. I don't want to lose another potential offensive threat. The Neshaminy recruit is a guy we want on this team unless there are real issues.

part of the equation is representing Nova both on and off the field, not too much to ask for a scolly

Bishop Guilfoyle quarterback and Villanova commit Brandon Chadbourn led his team to the school's first PIAA state Class A football title tonight.

I heard that the Neshaminy RB was cleared and retained his schollie although there is an offer out for a back out of New Rochelle, NY. & a RB from same school as LB recruit Drew Wiley (Hopewell Valley, NJ) has been in contact with Villanova. Not sure they are taking 3 RBs or they truly are backing off the Neshaminy kid.

This post was edited on 12/12 11:08 PM by Gangtackle11

Jarrett McClenton carried 26 times for 232 yds & 4 TD's in Wood's win over Central Valley.....33-14, for the AAA PA State Championship.

Biogelusa - Is Nova looking at Chadbourn as a QB? I would think not .They have a very good freshman QB who redshirted, and a good QB commit.
Gangtackle - I had not heard one word about the Neshaminy kid until the high school coach mentioned him the other day.

They have Chadbourne listed as "Athlete" but watching film he could compete asa QB in a few years with development.

who was the recruit caught in a "hazing" scandal and hopefully cleared up by now?

beehive if you read above posts you will read about the recruit who may or may not have had his scholly pulled.
It was not hazing rather some miss behavior with other students involved.

Alledgedly the recruit was involved in texting of sexually explicit materials while on high school campus. It was not clear whether he sent them or received them. The fact that the staff still has interest and/or offers to a 3rd running back makes the situation even more cloudy.

Hopefully the kid is not stripped of his schollie, but if he has more direct involvement it may be the reason why recruiting running backs appear to be continuing.

I am NOT one of these guys where every kid should get a trophy, nobody strikes out, everybody gets ice cream, etc. but I think if this is the only incident the kid has on his record, his future, and what college you attend is a big part of your future, should not be hurt because of it. Should he do whatever is possible to make amends? Absolutely, but stripping him of a scholarship is a little harsh.

I'm of the opinion that more than 2 RBs are being recruited simply because Andy wants to avoid a repeat of the situation o having a lack of serviceable depth at RB like this season with the loss of Rahman, Monangai for a stretch, the #2 RB )name escapes me), etc. He can redshirt one, use one as a LB or receiver, etc. More options. Man, having Rahman this year would have been a nice weapon behind JR because of his speed. Oh well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT