ADVERTISEMENT

Nova-Marquette WFC game Buy 1, Get 1

OldManYellsatCloud

All VUSports.com Team
Oct 10, 2009
Got an email today with this offer. What are we Temple now?

Cue nerdi's response that it's because CoPers are too busy watching the Flyers to attend.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Mid week against a weak opponent. Never understood why Marquette was always a WFC game. Yeah I know many times they are ranked but doesn't have name recognition or fan base like UConn, Louisville, ND, G-Town, etc.

when MU first joined the BE and had those good teams with James, Novack, and later James , Matthews and the other guy all the games were on campus. not sure why that changed.

And its $1 Hot Dog night too!!!!!

BTW - its for upper deck only. With the fees included, you essentially pay face value for the 2 tickets.

I certainly wouldn't characterize Marquette as a weak opponent. Have you seen them play? Are they a title contender? No. But, they have pushed very good opponents to the wire. I hope we win both games with this "weak" opponent.

Bad choice of words. Not weak as in a bad team just not a sexy, marquee name that should pack the WFC. Guess that's what happens when Pitt and Cuse fall off the schedule. 2nd tier teams like Marquette get the WFC games.

Two years ago we played Marquette at the Pavillion, dont get why we play them at the Wachovia, only BE games at the Wachovia should be G Town and St. Johns with one of our good OOC games there as well (Cuse, UConn or whomever.)

agree 100% and games should be sat only. with the Novajam at Xfinity and students tailgating it makes for a good atmosphere. you arent gonna get that on a week night with todays fans and with every game on tv.

when was the last time Nova sold out downtown? vs Pitt in 09 at the Spectrum?

Didn't help that the Gtown game is scheduled 3 days later - which is selling unbelievably well. Place will be nuts that day.

I will never buy tickets through their site or emails on ComcastTix, you get killed on charges. You can get upper level on stubhub right now for $10

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT