ADVERTISEMENT

Nova Notebook: Josh Hart

etown1000

VUSports.com Legend
Sep 14, 2003
Someone said it in another thread and I had to agree with him...Josh Hart will be our best and most productive player next year. (I think Ochefu will be most valuable if he can play 27-28 minutes a game, but Hart will be our best)

http://www.villanova.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/073015aaa.html

This interview says that he is at 630 career points right now, so assuming 33 games played this year, he'll need to average 11.2 to get to 1,000 this year. He also has 312 rebounds...let's just say he doubles it (plus a little) for 650 total rebounds for his career. We could be looking at 1,500 career points and 650 career rebounds. I'm sure he'd be the smallest guy in that club at Villanova...

I was a little bored last night and wanted to get fired up for a rec league basketball game as I was in a major shooting slump and re-watched the PC game. 18 points on 7-10 shooting (3-5 for 3) 3 rebs, 2 assists, 2 steals and a block. Nevermind the fact that we were up 13 with 14 minutes left and almost lost the game...Josh played amazingly. He obviously did the same thing against Marquette and X, but if we get regular season Josh Hart, we're going to be a very good team next year. If we get Big East Tournament Josh Hart all season...look out. Now, I also know that Hart won't shoot 72% for the season and 64% from 3, but the activity, the smart, but more aggressive shot selection...it can all come together.

All he needs is to tighten up his handle and continue improving on his dribble/drive game...and with his projection and high motor and determination, you can't tell me that he isn't a Jimmy Butler clone...(remember, Jimmy Butler played some 5 for Marquette, but was mostly a 4...and while a very good player, it took him a few years and a Derek Rose injury or two to get him where he is...but damn can JB play now) I'm not saying Hart will get a 90 million dollar contract, but the high motor, slightly undersized build and games of these guys is very similar.

Reactions: kjbert and kmill14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.