ADVERTISEMENT

Nova Team and National Stats

tpenter

Diaper Dandy
Nov 27, 2005
The NCAA released their first weekly Division I national stats leaders today through Sunday's games and Nova was well represented:

Nova leads the country in least turnovers per game (9.4), least personal fouls (11.6) and is one of 42 undefeated teams.

Nova is second in three pointers per game at 11.6, trailing Sacremento State who is knocking down 14.5 per game.

Nova is third in Assist to Turnover Ratio at 1.83, 20th in defensive points allowed (54.0) and 42nd in Assists with 17.2.

Team leaders - Leer has a 12. 4 scorring average, Kane with 11.2, Burford and C. Coyer with 10 each. Edwards is averaging 8.4 boards a game. Leer has 12 triples, Burford 11. The twin Coyers both have each knocked down 13 of 14 fouls shots (92% - tied for 36th nationally), Kane is 17 of 20 (85%). C. Coyer has 23 assists and a 3.29 Assists to Turnover ratio (30th nationally) while Kane has 15 assists and only 4 turnovers for an A/TO ratio of 3.75 (21st nationally).

Going into Tuesday nights schedule, Nova was one of three undefeated Big East teams. However St. Johns went down to Florida and DePaul lost at Notre Dame, so on Thursday, give thanks for and a toast to our top of the heap Nova Women Hoopsters!

This post was edited on 11/26 9:07 PM by tpenter

Thanks for the update. Good stuff. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Go Cats.

with Harrys system over the past couple of years Nova is not gonna turn it over much when all they are doing is shooting threes. His 5 out is rather genius if you ask me cause it sets up back door cuts and slips in the second half.

no surprise that they are leading in those stats. He might alter the offense now that the level of comp is far inferior to what it was in the previous big east. He would say if we can make 15 threes we will be in every game. so he figured if they take 40 they are bound to make 15.

15 out of 40 threes would sound mighty good right now. That's 37.5%. Our overall percentage through five games - 33%, but a lot of that came from the 18 threes we made in the first game and the 7 we made in the first half of the second game. Since then we have not been good, especially from the guard position.

Our overall three ball percentage in the third through fifth games - 29%. The guards three point shooting since the first half of the Drexel game is 10-52 or 19%. We can't continue to win consistently shooting that many threes but making less than 30%, and especially can't expect the forwards to carry the load for making threes. Edwards leads the team in three shooting percentage right now.

We will see how things go tonight against Montana State.

I'm not sure the level of play is/will be far inferior. Of course the UCOnn's, NDs, LOUs are gone but the rest is kind of par and I think that this Big East Conference may turn into a gem for basketball since it is truly a basketball conference..as tpenter said the guards are going to have to start shooting it much better..and they will..and not fouling is a sign of great coaching and intelligent players..

This post was edited on 11/30 8:27 AM by simpaul

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT