ADVERTISEMENT

Officer Schultz remembered

JoePaturnedABlindEye

'Nova Nation Sensation
Jul 22, 2012
4 years ago today. Let us never forget.

K9-Car.jpg

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Does anyone on the board have a German Shepherd? I want one really bad but my wife is fighting me on it. She wants a Pomeranian, which isn't going to happen.

However, I am concerned that our lifestyle doesn't currently lend itself to owning a dog like a German Shepherd.

had a female german shepperd growing up. incredible smart, loyal and overall a great great dog. only problem they shed uncontrollably.

Shepard are IMO the most majestic dogs on earth. I have felt this way since I was about 7 years old. When they walk by, you cannot help but admire them. I have always wanted one.

However, a while back I visited the home of a Shepard owner. There was literally hair EVERYWHERE. And these were not untidy people. They keep a pristine home - except for that hair.

I have also developed a bad dog allergy somewhere along the line, so we wound up with nothing.

Mine just died 2 years ago but was an amazing dog. The loyalty really is so impressive and if you're into training, can't really find an easier for attentive dog. Have a golden at home now which would be my 2nd one and they're great as well.

If you have kids nothing beats the Newfie. Hair is a problem but an amazing dog.

How are German shepherds with non-family members? I've heard they can be too protective.

Does anyone on the board have a German Shepherd? I want one really bad but my wife is fighting me on it. She wants a Pomeranian, which isn't going to happen.

However, I am concerned that our lifestyle doesn't currently lend itself to owning a dog like a German Shepherd.

Need an update on this. And your privacy bushes, Fatso.

They need lots of exercise, Joe, so you need a big yard or a place where you can take the dog to run on a very frequent basis. Large dogs that need lots of exercise and are kept in small places can become destructive out of frustration. Brushing them daily will keep the shedding to a minimum.

I wouldn't recommend getting pet care advice from this newsgroup.

Consulting a licensed veterinarian is a better idea.

Reactions: RW_Prescott
Got bit by a 9-month-old German Sheppard a few weeks ago.....the wife has stated that I am no longer getting a German Sheppard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT