ADVERTISEMENT

Packers @ Seahawks

16-7, Hawks score on a fake field goal. The TD catch by former PSU Nittany Lion player, Garry Gilliam.

Originally posted by MakingLove2BeckyLobo:
McCarthys fault they can't recover an onside kick?
Posted from Rivals Mobile
its his fault this game was as close as it is. he is a horrible coach that is way too conservative.

Originally posted by bmoneynova:

its his fault this game was as close as it is. he is a horrible coach that is way too conservative.
No you like to exaggerate, but in case you're not, McCarthy isn't a horrible coach. You could do a lot worse.

also, kicking the short FGs early and getting a lead was the right move. They led 16-0 late on the 3rd and 19-7 with just over two minutes left. Someone make a play to ensure the win.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:

No you like to exaggerate, but in case you're not, McCarthy isn't a horrible coach. You could do a lot worse.

also, kicking the short FGs early and getting a lead was the right move. They led 16-0 late on the 3rd and 19-7 with just over two minutes left. Someone make a play to ensure the win.
It was 4th and a half a yard and you kick a filed goal? That is simply playing not to lose and scared. Still have no odea what HA HA Clinton Dix was doing on the two point conversion. Wilson threw a pop up ball and that idiot stood there and allowed the TE to catch the ball. Burrs, you could have knocked that ball away.

Cwertz, I disagree with the 4th-inches comment. Early in game, get lead. No guarantee they get it. They fukking led 16-0 with less than 5 to go in 3rd QT. You absolutely can't get best on fake FG there. Inexcusable and can't happen. Offensively, GBs play in the 2nd half was conservative, or at least half-hearted. I didn't have an issue with them taking the points early. Getting the lead and making the Seahawks play catch-up was the right move and it should of worked. Just look at the crazy crap that happened late. GB needed to make one more play. Didn't do it.

Cwertz, I disagree with the 4th-inches comment. Early in game, get lead. No guarantee they get it. They fukking led 16-0 with less than 5 to go in 3rd QT. You absolutely can't get best on fake FG there. Inexcusable and can't happen. Offensively, GBs play in the 2nd half was conservative, or at least half-hearted. I didn't have an issue with them taking the points early. Getting the lead and making the Seahawks play catch-up was the right move and it should of worked. Just look at the crazy crap that happened late. GB needed to make one more play. Didn't do it.
How the about the GB defender intercepting the pass and falling to the ground with no Seahawks anywhere near him? The guy acted like there were five seconds left. Get up and run 30 more yards for God's sake. Terribly played and coached game by GB. Seattle and Wilson completely sucked today.

burrs, you are on the road, nothing is ever a guarantee for God's sake, if you're going to have that type of scared attitude, you do not deserve to win anything. These guys are professionals, they had the ball on the half yard line on third down and ended up with three points, that is flat out deflating and disgraceful. I know he is a bit injured but the way the defense was setup, it was an easy QB keeper TD for Rodgers but of course the Packers were scared. They deserved to lose. People are going to blame that third string TE for the game but he made a physical error, the game should have never came down to that.

No way Rodgers should sneak ... couldn't even run with noone contacting him.

Field goal is not a bad play in the goal line area. It was a close call on this occasion because it was only half a yard, but I'm fine with that. If I have a problem it's with their play calling on 1st through 3rd downs on those two possessions inside the 10.

But as burrs said, can't say it's a horribly coached game to be up 16-0 and 19-7 with about 4 minutes left IN SEATTLE.

The interceptor not running with the ball with 4+ minutes left was a pretty big deal (would have gotten at least to the 20), and GB letting up such a quick TD prior to the onside kick was a big deal. And missing the onside kick catch is a big big deal, not the coaches fault on at least the interception and the onside kick. And you're right about the 2 point conversion, what a joke of a non-play by the DB. Choke job by the players.

Burrs dont really know what to tell you besides the fact that every single analysis of that situation tells you to go for it. At least one of the times. I understand it takes some balls to make that decision but that's what you need on the road when you're trying to knock off the defending champs on the road in the NFC Championship game. Absolutely horrible coaching.

Originally posted by LGBlue:

Field goal is not a bad play in the goal line area. It was a close call on this occasion because it was only half a yard, but I'm fine with that. If I have a problem it's with their play calling on 1st through 3rd downs on those two possessions inside the 10.

But as burrs said, can't say it's a horribly coached game to be up 16-0 and 19-7 with about 4 minutes left IN SEATTLE.

The interceptor not running with the ball with 4+ minutes left was a pretty big deal (would have gotten at least to the 20), and GB letting up such a quick TD prior to the onside kick was a big deal. And missing the onside kick catch is a big big deal, not the coaches fault on at least the interception and the onside kick. And you're right about the 2 point conversion, what a joke of a non-play by the DB. Choke job by the players.
Being up in the game in SEATTLE, means nothing, if you lose the game. There are no moral victories in the NFL, especially during the playoffs.

ask GB fans how they feel about Mccarthy

most HATE him because of crap like today. GUTLESS.

thats how Philbin is too. not surprising since he is from GB as well.

ask GB fans how they feel about Mccarthy

most HATE him because of crap like today. GUTLESS.

thats how Philbin is too. not surprising since he is from GB as well.
And there's your Dolphins reference, ladies and gentlemen.

Gutted for Aaron Rodgers.

Brandon Bostick is gonna have a miserable offense. Poor guy.

Originally posted by selmore1:
Burrs dont really know what to tell you besides the fact that every single analysis of that situation tells you to go for it. At least one of the times. I understand it takes some balls to make that decision but that's what you need on the road when you're trying to knock off the defending champs on the road in the NFC Championship game. Absolutely horrible coaching.
Actually what you need on the road is to nail the coffin shut when you have the chance. Their play early on afforded them what should have been comfortable 16-0 and 19-7 leads. Onside kicks are successful less than 20% of the time. Down 19-7 SEA had Less than a 4% chance of winning with five minutes left. Throwing 2-pt conversions 60 yards across field and being successful can't be that high. Intercepting passes and taking a knee with 5 minutes left is normal. Kicking those FGs didn't lose them the game. Other things did....

Philbin should not be used in comparison to anyone remotely close to the SB. But for the ridiculous ending McCarthy had GB in the SB. Of course, helps to have Rodgers just as every other coach playing this weekend has an elite QB.

Originally posted by CWertz:
Originally posted by LGBlue:

Being up in the game in SEATTLE, means nothing, if you lose the game. There are no moral victories in the NFL, especially during the playoffs.
Moral victory is when you are happy about a loss. Never said that, just said the players choked away a trip to the Super Bowl.

What a surprise, the NFC game turned out exactly how the NFL wanted it to. When it was 19-7 I was talking to a few people and bet them it would go to overtime. I took even money because it seemed so obvious to me. Half the pack looked like they were on the take in this one. One of the more predictable games I've seen in a while.

Originally posted by NovaNation1188:
What a surprise, the NFC game turned out exactly how the NFL wanted it to. When it was 19-7 I was talking to a few people and bet them it would go to overtime. I took even money because it seemed so obvious to me. Half the pack looked like they were on the take in this one. One of the more predictable games I've seen in a while.
one of the worst posts in recent memory....yikes.

That's why I banked on the comeback. Just like the WWE when the favorite gets thrashed for 20 minutes but then rallies furiously for 2 minutes and gets the surprise pin on a very quick 3 count.

Ah yes of course...it was SCRIPTED. The onside kick recovery...scripted. Russell Wilson running around in circles and throwing up a hail mary for the 2 pt converstion....scripted. These guys kick the sh*t out of each other for 20 weeks only to get to the penultimate games and SCRIPT them.

Yes, of course.

The only thing scripted is the caricatures on this board.

It was likely going to be Seattle-New England weeks ago when these teams got home field. I told you that a month ago.

Seattle turning the ball over all over the joint made the final outcome alot more difficult than I expected.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT