ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State to bring back JoPa child molestation statue

qwe015

All VUSports.com Team
Oct 2, 2009
Gross

Won't be long before #FreeSandusky starts trending heavily in twitter

That school should seriously be shut down at this,point. To see such a sick culture, funded by taxpayers, is very disturbing. I don't know how anyone could ever send their children to that place.

It's very disturbing that when the statue gets returned - some people will think of the child molestation first, but most with just think of football. And many of those folks think those kids deserved it. Sick culture out there.

Originally posted by qwe015:
Gross

Won't be long before #FreeSandusky starts trending heavily in twitter

That school should seriously be shut down at this,point. To see such a sick culture, funded by taxpayers, is very disturbing. I don't know how anyone could ever send their children to that place.
qwe.....you didn't hear this from me, but, there is a sizable work crew that have tunneled half way to Sandusky's cell.....expect a Shawshank breakout in the near future and Sandusky will be sanding old boats on a secluded Mexican beach.....and no remarks about the Mexican beach......

Disgusting.
They can put up all the statues they want - everyone knows the truth - when Joe Paterno had the chance to stand up for helpless kids getting raped he chose instead to protect his pristine image.
That statue shouldn't even disgrace a land-fill let alone occupy a place at a state funded university of higher learning.
Very shameful to put that thing back ... it is like flipping off the victims or even pissing on them.

jerry-sandusky.jpg

Mainliner, please respond true or false to the following line of statements:

Underage boys were raped without consent in the football facilities at Penn StateThe activities in (1) were done by Jerry SanduskyThe activities in (1) were facilitated by Jerry Sandusky using his charitable organizationThe activities in (1) were known to have occurred by at least one other member of the football staff at Penn StateThe activities in (1) were known to have occurred by Joe Paterno, who was at that time the head coach of Penn StateJoe Paterno used his influence to stop the Penn State administration from investigating the activities in (1) The Penn State administration listened to the advice of Joe Paterno, and did not investigate the activities in (1) for many years, in order to not tarnish the reputation of the Penn State football program
To a normal outside person, the answer to all of these questions is "True," which is why the Penn State cult behavior is so abhorrent. To many Penn Staters, the answer to all of these questions is "False." Depending on where the answers switch from "True" to "False" is a good gauge of how delusional someone is.

Originally posted by JMerc2:

Underage boys were raped without consent in the football facilities at Penn State
The activities in (1) were done by Jerry Sandusky
The activities in (1) were facilitated by Jerry Sandusky using his charitable organization
The activities in (1) were known to have occurred by at least one other member of the football staff at Penn State
The activities in (1) were known to have occurred by Joe Paterno, who was at that time the head coach of Penn State
Joe Paterno used his influence to stop the Penn State administration from investigating the activities in (1)
The Penn State administration listened to the advice of Joe Paterno, and did not investigate the activities in (1) for many years, in order to not tarnish the reputation of the Penn State football program
To a normal outside person, the answer to all of these questions is "True," which is why the Penn State cult behavior is so abhorrent. To many Penn Staters, the answer to all of these questions is "False." Depending on where the answers switch from "True" to "False" is a good gauge of how delusional someone is.
Aren't the proper responses "ADMITTED" or "DENIED?"

Originally posted by Novacatt94:
Originally posted by JMerc2:

Underage boys were raped without consent in the football facilities at Penn State The activities in (1) were done by Jerry Sandusky The activities in (1) were facilitated by Jerry Sandusky using his charitable organization The activities in (1) were known to have occurred by at least one other member of the football staff at Penn State The activities in (1) were known to have occurred by Joe Paterno, who was at that time the head coach of Penn State Joe Paterno used his influence to stop the Penn State administration from investigating the activities in (1) The Penn State administration listened to the advice of Joe Paterno, and did not investigate the activities in (1) for many years, in order to not tarnish the reputation of the Penn State football program
Aren't the proper responses "ADMITTED" or "DENIED?"
I was trying to dumb it down a little for a Penn State fan.

The link below is a page an acquaintance from high school shared on facebook. I read it. It is probably the most well thought out and semantically convincing pro-Paterno argument that I have seen - but it is still incredibly upsetting and delusional. No matter how you break it down, they use the argument that because Paterno "followed protocol" it means he did EVERYTHING HE COULD to bring Sandusky to justice. The man screwed up horrendously. Sure, he wasn't necessarily evil. But whether out of fear, or discomfort, or just plain old stupidity brought on by old age - he failed to stick up for young men who were molested by someone he gave power to. That's the bottom line, and these people will go to incredible lengths to prove that they stand up for "real" justice, when all they have to do to truly do so is admit that someone they held in high regard is not who they thought he was. If they just did that, the rest of the country would give Penn State credit, but they keep digging a bigger hole.

http://onwardstate.com/2015/01/20/an-open-letter-to-keith-olbermann/

I still fail to see how allowing Sandusky to use PSU facilities to rape kids AFTER you were told he was raping kids is following protocol. Because that happened, and more kids were raped subsequently .

The link below is a page an acquaintance from high school shared on facebook.

FACEBOOK!!! I thought facebook was for teenage girls and rumor mongers.

Originally posted by Ninetynine5.0:
I still fail to see how allowing Sandusky to use PSU facilities to rape kids AFTER you were told he was raping kids is following protocol. Because that happened, and more kids were raped subsequently .
It really is amazing. They believe that because he told one person it is protocol.

The protocol is he notified his "superiors" so by law, he did the minimum required. But this is laughable in that he basically ran that school and his "superiors" deferred to him because he was the king.

Big difference between doing minimum required by law and minimum required by human decency.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by CarDashian:
The link below is a page an acquaintance from high school shared on facebook.

FACEBOOK!!! I thought facebook was for teenage girls and rumor mongers.
Teenagers use instagram, vine and snapchat much more frequently than facebook. Facebook covers all demographics but is the preferred social media of Americans aged 40-80.

I use it to see pictures of my niece and other family members who live in different states. Pretty odd that just mentioning the word really sets you off - equivalent to freaking out over hearing someone uses Gmail. Get over it - the only person who thinks you are smarter or more respectable because you don't have a facebook account is yourself.

It honestly is a shame that joe pa killed himself before he could be indicted -- guy deserved to be in prison as an accomplice. But given that the others not-named sandusky haven't done time yet, not sure he would've ever had to defend himself in that area of the commonwealth.

The sad thing is the inability to accept that Paterno did anything wrong.

I can accept the people who think he was basically a decent man who made a series of massive errors in judgment when confronted with a situation he had absolutely no idea how to deal with, but a lot of Penn State fans won't even concede that, insisting that he did everything by the book. Of course, fact that Sandusky was still welcome on the premises after the 2001 incident is a massive aggravating factor against Paterno's decency.

Hey FoyeEffect you're in a "People I Miss" thread. Too soon? Were you doing a really long TED talk?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT