ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Kickoff Time

UE, what is a realistic score prediction for this game? I know you and I are both Villanova football homers (no shame in that), but do we have any chance to pull off an upset?

UE, what is a realistic score prediction for this game? I know you and I are both Villanova football homers (no shame in that), but do we have any chance to pull off an upset?

Pitt will be a 20+ point favorite in this game. Never say never, but it would be quite an upset if our Cats come out of Heinz Field with a victory. It will also be an emotional game for Pitt as their stud RB James Conner will take the field after defeating cancer this offseason.

Reactions: Bobby Dix
The season opener with Pittsburgh is no doubt going to be a tough one. It would be nice to see the Cats pull this one out but most importantly is that the Cats can come out of this game healthy and not too banged up so that they are ready for CAA play.

Really can't expect Nova to upset most of the BCS teams they play in the opener......as mentioned, not getting any major injuries is important, and beside that just hope for a fairly competitive game. Pitt by 14-17 pts would be a decent effort by the Cats.

I'm pleased that there will be no November night games. Mrs. DCF was beginning to question the AD's judgment. I explained that he was new to the area and unacquainted with local customs like Trick or Treating. Plus he didn't take over until well after the 2015 schedule had been finalized.

Last edited:
My friend I envision a very rough afternoon for our Cats. Pitt is loaded. And they will run the score up if they can. A couple seasons ago they crushed Delaware 69-0. Delaware was a weak team that year but this Pitt team is much better than that year.
Some other thoughts - I don't know how good this VU team will be. Is Zack ready to lead us? Pitt plays Penn State the following week - how will this affect their coaching strategy? Will they use their entire playbook? How long will they play their first and second units? Finally will Pitt be looking past us? My thought - not a chance.

I think Zack will do fine. His game management is above average for a kid with 9 games of experience. He had red zone problems at Towson, which came very early in his career. Other than that, and some ill timed turnovers at JMU, I found little for which to fault him. Having a healthy RB or 2 available won't hurt. Pitt may prove to be a step backwards, but that's to be expected, given the setting. Starting with game 2 I am hopeful Zack will continue his progress.

I think Zack will do fine. His game management is above average for a kid with 9 games of experience. He had red zone problems at Towson, which came very early in his career. Other than that, and some ill timed turnovers at JMU, I found little for which to fault him. Having a healthy RB or 2 available won't hurt. Pitt may prove to be a step backwards, but that's to be expected, given the setting. Starting with game 2 I am hopeful Zack will continue his progress.
Two ints Zack threw at Towson maybe the worst I have ever seen a VU QB throw .But he was very young.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT