ADVERTISEMENT

Please Consider Helping Out

ericw

Publisher, VUSports.com
Jul 10, 2001
Lovetron
Over the past eighteen or so years of doing VUSports (and my predecessor site) I have had the pleasure of meeting many great Villanova people. Many of them are accomplished, successful people that I admire for their intelligence, business savvy, sense of morality, hard-work, dedication, or some other stand-out trait.

One of the people who combines many of these traits and truly stands out among the cream of the Villanova crop for me is a long-time VUSports member, nova97. A lot of you may know him or are aware of his achievements. His perseverance and dedication to his family are amazing.

I had the opportunity to catch up with him this past weekend at an event benefitting MPS and I realized it has been probably 4 or 5 years since I last got out to one of the MPS fund-raisers that he has run. While I was busy grinding away at what I do - he has been grinding away at his job (and all of its associated travel requirements), caring for his two boys that are stricken with MPS III, and working countless hours to raise money and awareness of MPS III (Sanfillipo syndrome). He has literally climbed mountains for this cause and his dedication and efforts have helped get research to the point where gene therapy and other treatment options are now being tested and made available. His two sons battle day-to-day with MPS but have been blessed with as great a father as any kid could ever ask for.

In a show of Villanova-style support for nova97, please consider participating in the 6th Annual Beat MPS Golf Tournament on Saturday Oct 17th at Sugarloaf Golf Club in PA. If you can't make it to the event, contributing to the cause is a great way not only to help out nova97s two boys and his family but also other children and families who live with MPS every day. Contributing money would be great and I encourage it. But I think that it would mean the world to nova97 to see a large Villanova presence at the event. Sign up for a foursome with some of your friends (from on or off the 'Nova Nation board). If you want to join me in a foursome and show your support - let me know in this thread or email me (for those who don't post but only read). If you know any Villanova associated "celebs" who you think would be interested in participating - put a bug in their ear and try to motivate them to help this cause as well.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Here are the details:
https://ct.yimg.com/mr/uploads/1000/1738658.jpg

PS: Given the location of this event we may need to set up a "post party" at one of Beefer's neighborhood bars.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.