ADVERTISEMENT

Quade Green and Lonnie Walker last night

JHoops

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I was able to see both of these two players last night at Donofrio. Qaude played first, I write this post on what I saw last night and in the past times I have seen Qaude.

What I saw: Quade' team lost to Team Philly last night by 20. Qaude did not play particualry well, first time I did not see him shoot well. Qaude was guarded by Samir Doughty and struggles to get by him or really get a clean shot. Team Philly aged with an attitude and took Quade and Duval and focused on them for the majority of the time.

I like Quade's game, but some things that concern me is that he is very small and is not a great athlete. A very good player, but plays the game below the rim. His lack of height and atheltisim for a two guard concerns me. When he does not shoot well, which is not often, he looks limited. I question if he can run a high major team. Still really young and I still like his game a lot, but a couple things I noticed.

In the second game Lonnie Walker was playing and played really well. Had 20 first half points and at one point made four consecutive threes. Simply, I liked what I saw and have seen. Lonie is a very good athelte, had a highlight reel dunk on the break. Lonnie is a strider and is quick with the ball, nice handle. He has thick things in the upper half of his lower body and explosive jumper. As he grows he will put on muscle that will only enhance his atheltism. He oozes talent and is a legit six foot four. I think he can be possibly be a combo guard at the next level. Two things that could be a problem, first is that his motor runs low at times and sometimes he can tend to play a little lazy and soft. Jay can work with that in the future.

Overall, I like Lonnie's and Quade's game. I think Lonnie had a higher ceiling right now. Yet, right Noe I think in a regular high school game setting Quade is a better basketball player. I would monitor both, as we are, but not take a commitment from either one at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News