ADVERTISEMENT

Requiem for the Requiem for the Big East - Go Nova From SHU

Jun 4, 2001
We all the entire league will owe nova for this one..all of the big east. This is as meaningful as Georgetown landing Ewing.

ESPN was going to hold not winning the title over the Big East head and just keep beating the league over the head with it.

Second I really wonder what the old guard of the ACC is thinking. Two thirds of that league will never see the light of day.. they will be living in a top heavy lumbering behemoth of a league..

In addition it will be a cold day in hell before the ACC is a premier football league..it just isn't built for it. Some of the lower third of that league are now permanently confined to athletic hell.

Basketball outside the Big East will be more impacted by the inefficiency of the overblown size and deteriorated quality of the new ACC structure than the Big East will ever be.

It will be fascinating to wait ten years down the road and let's go re shoot that special.
And let's call it "Who is that on the autopsy table? "

Who will lament the reorganization more..it will be a most interesting question..

What does it say for the new ACC when the coach from Pitt gets up and leaves and how happy are the Pitt fans. When they look in the mirror do they perhaps see themselves as becoming BC fans in the future..is that what Georgia Tech and wake forest fans think..

I love the new big east league..I think we have a new generation of terrific coaches. I think we are well balanced..I love the fox affiliation..I love the garden rocking in march with the shouts of shu fans and our new banner..

Tonight is a great night nova nation, for our league.. and for our university with a young team celebrating the wonderful accomplishments in a fabulous year

In ending it all an acknowledgement and a huge congratulations to nova and all the nova fans..you won a great championship in great style and when you hang the banner back home feel free to hang the 600 hundred lb gorilla that you got off the leagues back right up there with it

GO BIG EAST
GO PIRATES
GO NOVA..JOB WELL DONE!!!

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT