ADVERTISEMENT

Robertson & NFL

ROMEOCAT

All VUSports.com Team
Aug 11, 2002
Talley has called JR one of the 5 best QBs in America on any level college-wise). That just might be accurate, or is it? I'm thinking of several BCS QBs & comparing then to JR. I'm also imaging JR at the helm of different BCS teams, & wondering how he/the team would do against tough rivals week in & week out. Lastly, is he NFL-worthy? I'm interested in the honest opinions of others.

Coach T said scouts will give JR a close look, but not until next season.
No doubt he could start for many BCS teams.
Cats really need him to rebound from last week's poor performance.

...Clemson & Wake Forest from Thursday Night's ESPN game to begin with. Add in Syracuse, Rutgers- two Power 5 confereees I've seen play in person this year. Seesh, it might be easier to name the Power 5 schools Robby wouldn't start for. I'm going to erase last week from my memory bank and assume Robby returns to his usual level of play tomorrow night.

I remember Talley raising some eyebrows when he spoke highly of Brian Westbrook's ability to play on Sundays. He certainly was right on that score. I don't know about one of the best 5 QBs in America, maybe a bit of a reach. However, I think he could start for a majority of FBS teams. NFL talk, as NfFL scouts have indicated, can wait till next year. The fact that they will be checking him out means he is on their radar. I'm looking forward to seeing him go tomorrow night without the cast. May help his running more than his passing. I expect he and Cats to strongly rebound from last weeks underperformance. Go Cats!

I can only go on stats against FBS opponent Syracuse, Robertson passed for 199 and rushed for 115. I think Robertson would do fine in the FBS and believe he will be playing on Sunday's. If there is a better player in the FCS right now, I would like to see who it is. As Pasch predicted, it came to light. Nova 42 Towson 14.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT