ADVERTISEMENT

Ross Vetrone

paschall

VUSports.com All-American
Gold Member
Feb 18, 2007
Was watching the Steelers-Browns game. Pitt. punted and a Pitt. player made a solid one on one tackle of the Browns returner. It was one of those wow, that was a nice hit plays. The announcer says that hit was made by Ross Vetrone who was just signed by the Steelers Saturday. The younger of the Vetrone brothers still doing their Special Teams act in the NFL.

Ray Ventrone was an animal. He had a HUGE hit against the Giants in the Super Bowl. I know Ross can play as well, but Ray should have ended up somewhere as more than just a special teams guy. He was NFL starter good.

Ray had to either be held out of practice at Villanova or kept from tackling to prevent injuries. Saw this kid with a VU FB shirt up at the NCAA at Boston. Told him I was a fan and season ticket holder. I'm Ray Vetrone. OMG. We had a nice talk. Then someone says Hi Mr Nolan. Bought two tickets for TD from that guy's son.

Originally posted by VUWildCat2003:
Ray Ventrone was an animal. He had a HUGE hit against the Giants in the Super Bowl. I know Ross can play as well, but Ray should have ended up somewhere as more than just a special teams guy. He was NFL starter good.
"He came in like a MISSILE..."

Raymond's Vicious Hit

if he was held out of Novas practices for fear of hurting someone that means he was playing at the wrong level. why was he not at the D1A level? late bloomer?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT