ADVERTISEMENT

Selmore

Seriously. No one is going to chime in or shed light on a supposed dead guy posting again?

Created in 2014 though. So someone anticipated his death to post as him this year?

Adp, answers? Was this a fake death for a life insurance scam?

Can I please get a recap? This does not seem familiar to me.
His death was reported on the pay board. There was no mention of suicide. Those who knew him said he was a really nice guy and his premature death was very sad.

Can I please get a recap? This does not seem familiar to me.
Selmore was a weird dude who did a "taking questions" thread about some really weird stuff based on the advice of his therapist. He then moved from CoP to some shitty apartment in harlem and got a job in sales somewhere. There was some info a little while back that he had an untimely passing, and people speculated that he had committed suicide because he had some pretty obvious depressive tendencies. Never confirmed though, just as likely he got plowed by an Uber after drinking Moet with kjbert at Hotel Gansevoort.

Now all of a sudden, he is back posting again. LizReed noticed it first.

Selmore was a weird dude who did a "taking questions" thread about some really weird stuff based on the advice of his therapist. He then moved from CoP to some shitty apartment in harlem and got a job in sales somewhere. There was some info a little while back that he had an untimely passing, and people speculated that he had committed suicide because he had some pretty obvious depressive tendencies. Never confirmed though, just as likely he got plowed by an Uber after drinking Moet with kjbert at Hotel Gansevoort.

Now all of a sudden, he is back posting again. LizReed noticed it first.
Also I think his handle used to be something else, but then he changed it to "selmore" (get it, sell more?) when he got some cold calling sales job.

Moliverio also passed away, I believe, and it may or may not be the same dude. I have trouble keeping them all straight.

I thought selmore/molivero was the same person. I am fairly certain that he passed away, as I knew a couple kids in his fraternity and I had a couple classes with him. I believe Selmore1 is an alt started by someone else.

Moliverio passed. He had multiple handles including Selmore1 and AZ/Cat or something. My understanding is that he shared some of those handles (not Moliverio) with others. I lost the Ryan Howard HR wager to Moliverio. I had the pleasure of speaking to him on the phone. He seemed like a very nice kid who was searching a bit. To each their own but I would hope we have respect for those who have passed. Especially one of our own.

Reactions: kjbert
Geez. Very sad if true. First buckeye70, then greyCat, now Selmore? Who is next? Butcher?
greyCat isn't dead! That's another example of what I posted in another thread. Stuff is posted on BW with no basis in fact and it gets a life of its own.

Moliverio passed. He had multiple handles including Selmore1 and AZ/Cat or something. My understanding is that he shared some of those handles (not Moliverio) with others. I lost the Ryan Howard HR wager to Moliverio. I had the pleasure of speaking to him on the phone. He seemed like a very nice kid who was searching a bit. To each their own but I would hope we have respect for those who have passed. Especially one of our own.
Correct. molivero= selmore1= nova zona

Reactions: kjbert
Correct. molivero= selmore1= nova zona

So is he dead or alive?

RIP to all those Villanovans who have died too soon (or whenever), including a close friend of mine last month at 38. Third guy who entered my year, lived in the same dorm sophomore year and is no longer with us sadly. Agree all deserve respect, regardless of circumstances.

And anyone who would participate in faking it, the opposite (even on here).

Kind of shitty to use a dead guy's handle. First of all incredibly faggy to share a name to begin with. But after one dies, the other should get his own.

So is he dead or alive?

RIP to all those Villanovans who have died too soon (or whenever), including a close friend of mine last month at 38. Third guy who entered my year, lived in the same dorm sophomore year and is no longer with us sadly. Agree all deserve respect, regardless of circumstances.

And anyone who would participate in faking it, the opposite (even on here).
I couldn't agree more, Lowry! Really lowlife to try to use someone's death in a sick attempt to be funny.

This was SnottieDrippen, no?

I did a taking questions thread and moved from CoP to 107th (not quite Harlem but close enough). No therapist involved for me - and I don't think Selmore ever mentioned therapy or any depressive tendencies on here.

We were about the same age though and it turned out we had a lot of mutual friends. Pretty sure he lived in NYC ever since he graduated in 2011.

Met Molivero a couple times for drinks in CoDB, he confirmed our first time meeting up that multiple guys used the handle and that it had been an issue a couple of times because someone else would post a hot take under his handle and he would deal w the fallout.

So nobody is going to step in and explain this? Just going to keep using a dead guy's handle?

Sharing a handle must be a violation of the Rivals ToS.

ericw - please bring down the hammer on these grave robbers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT