ADVERTISEMENT

Some interesting stats

etown1000

VUSports.com Legend
Sep 14, 2003
So it's Friday and I just got into work and I'm a little bored, so wanted to share some interesting stats...

• This past year, 22% of our shot attempts were considered a transition bucket (scoring within the first 10 seconds of the shot clock). Of those shots, 48.5% of the shots were at the rim and 40% of shots were from 3. Of those shots, we shot 68% from 2 and 37.4 from 3. (Those numbers say we score more from 2 than from 3 in these situations)
  • The 22% of transition opportunities is low...Georgetown had 23.4%. UNC was the highest I saw at around 30%.
  • In transition situations from a steal, we shoot an astonishing 74.4% when we take the ball to the rim, which is over 68% of the time, which is pretty darn good.
  • Of our 3 losses, statistically speaking, the Georgetown game was our worst and it wasn't even close. Only one player (Arch) had an Offensive Rating above his Defensive rating.
  • I mentioned this in another thread, but our three highest usage guys (Hillard, Pinkston, Ennis) are no longer with the team.
  • Of those three guys, 2 of them (Ennis, Hillard) had the lowest percentage of Free Throw Attempts / Field Goal Attempts (around 27%) but Pinkston had a percentage of around 88%. (JVP shot 188 FT's and shot 225 FG's)
  • Again from those three guys, from a perspective of win shares, we lose the guys in 3rd place (Hillard) 5th place (JVP) and 8th place (Ennis)
  • Again from our three guys we need to replace, from an offense rating perspective in conference games, we lose guys in 5th, 7th and 8th place (Hillard, JVP, Ennis) However, from a defensive rating perspective, we lose our number 2 (Hillard) 3 (Pinkston) and 4 (Ennis)
  • Ochefu is a very good offensive rebounder...but he's not very good at getting a rebound and going straight up. He grabs 14% of all offensive rebounds (which was 36th best in the nation) but he only had 24 offensive putbacks. And that's not baskets, that's just total shots as he only shot roughly 48% on those shots. Only 15% of his shots at the rim were putbacks, which is also low.
  • That being said, Ochefu is good at the tap back or throwing an outlet pass to set back up the offense and he does grab a lot of offensive rebounds.
  • Josh and Kris had 100% of their 3 point baskets from an assist, meaning they did not create their own shot for a 3.
  • Archi was so bad in the non-conference but so good in the conference, at least offensively. His overall Offense Rating was 119, but in conference, he was the best offensive player on our team with a 128 rating, just ahead of Jenkins and Ochefu.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News