ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Practice around the corner!!

Does anyone know how the practices are coming along?? It's silent and there are no pictures or any other media mention. I've been on other team's sites and they promote their guys.

Well had to take matters into my own hands since there is zippo information regarding spring practices from Villanova.

A couple of eye witnesses present yesterday told me there was a lot of recruits in to see spring practice.

This Friday ends the spring practice period, but yesterday was the last of what resembles a scrimmage from what I was told.

The report I received was that the defense was ahead of the offense at this juncture. Not surprising.

Several offensive linemen are nursing injuries and didn't participate including 3 starters. Also our running backs were not at full strength.

Bednarczyk looks to have a decided advantage heading into summer at QB.
Hard to judge as he isn't using his legs in these scrimmages,

McClenton shows signs of a breakout season & looks to be a key offensive contributor running jet sweep runs & slot receiving opportunities. Undersized, but so fast & shifty.

Hard to judge the defense only against an apparent banged up offense, but they looked good. A couple of picks from Safety Rob Rolle highlighting the scrimmage.

The front 7 got strong penetration most of the day and made it tough on the offense to get consistent yardage.

It's just spring, but I'd say from what I heard we can expect our defense to be strong once again this upcoming 2016 season.

Time to heal & get stronger as August isn't far away and Pitt is 138 days away!!

Reactions: Bobby Dix
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT