ADVERTISEMENT

Steve T hits Summer League

Steve T

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2001
Steve T hit the St Paul Summer League Playoffs in The "B" last night and have news and notes

The top team in Baltimore this year might be McDonogh. I watched the blow out a Calvert Hall team led by Mid major plus 6-8 forward Justin Gorham. One of my favorites, 6-7 forward Bruce Moore, totally dominated Gorham on this evening. Bruce visited Bucknell over the weekend and had an outstanding visit, Looks like top schools of Brown, Bucknell, Colgate, and other Patriots. A player that Villanova should be on NOW is 6-3 2018 guard Noah Locke. Ridiculous shooting guard with elite deep and mid range shooting game. Averaged 14ppg as a frosh and has a 3.7gpa. Nova Kid. Brother stared at McDonogh also and is putting up numbers currently at UNCG. I would not be surprised if his junior and senior years he is averaging 25+ ppg. He is not an elite athlete or ballhandler. Reminds me of a guy like Jeff Malone who just put buckets on jokers all day long. Damien Quong Choi is another favorite. The 2017 pg will probably end up LM/MM because of his size but is an elite floor leader. Another guy the Cats should track NOW is 6-8 2019 F/C Amani Walker. Will he play varsity this season??? I think he has too. Can really run the floor already. I fully expect him to be a HM recruit when all is said and done. Probably not as good as Jalen Sticks Smith at the same stage but will have his share of suitors.

I also caught some of Georgetown recruit 6-4 2/3 Tyler Foster, I left averaging watching him hang court for 5 minutes vs a terrible team. 2nd straight year of watching Gilman ve horrifically coached.

Went to the other gym to see Poly vs Montez Mathis and Mount Carmel. 2 of Steve T's underclass stars Mathis and Demetrius Mims battled it out. Both are great looking prospects.

Watched Glenelg Country School in hopes of seeing 6-9 2017 prospect Anthony Longpre, but he did not play. Anthony already has offers from Gtown. What I did learn though is if we did recruit him(which we should) we will have a VERY good "in" with him. Very good. Jay and staff could easily leverage it. Glenelg does have 2017 Connor Walsh who has picked up Ivy interest.

Some scuttlebutt:
Chris Mullin is making Montez Mathis and another Steve T favorite 6-9 F/C Luka Garza recruiting priorities
Hearing Mathis is all but gone from Mount Carmel and maybe joining Andre Rafus at St Ben's

Former UNC and NBA guard Dudley Bradley has a son who plays for Dundalk high. He will not be following in his dad's footsteps.

2019 guard James Bishop of Mount Saint Joe averaged double figures at Villanova Team Camp

That's all I got right now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News