ADVERTISEMENT

Strawberries

FreddyShoop

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2001
I'm addicted to them. Ate an entire carton yesterday...2 cartons today.

What else would you call them?

package-strawberries.jpg

Reactions: kjbert
I don't know, carton is used for a bunch of things. Didn't know if there was a different name.

Genius, that's a pound. Check the side of the carton.

I'm that way with blueberries. I'll eat a whole container in a sitting easily. Strawberries are up there though.

Blackberry, raspberry are my top 2. Mangoes are good. Strawberry definitely top 10.

Kind of played out these days but I started eating an avocado for breakfast (either alone or with other stuff) every day a few months ago. I can cut, scoop out, and scarf it all down very quick now. At first I needed salt/pepper but the taste keeps growing on me plain. 350 calories, good for you in a lot of ways - really enjoying it

Big Avo. I use it in meals at least four times a week. Breakfast on eggs, salad, tacos, its actually good with lean pork as well. Big kiwi fan too.

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
I'm big on cherries when in season (pretty short season wherever grown, limited window to get from different places). They're in season now. For the most part just get first half of summer, then it's over (occasionally show up from S. America at random times in the winter).

Strawberries are fine, blueberries better, but don't compare to cherries.

I'm big on cherries when in season (pretty short season wherever grown, limited window to get from different places). They're in season now. For the most part just get first half of summer, then it's over (occasionally show up from S. America at random times in the winter).

There's a farmers' market not far from where I live that has great strawberries & blueberries. They're going out of season now, though. I'll miss them.

Where do you guys get your avo's from? Mexican avos or are you tasting some of the good stuff?

My butter avo tree is another 10 weeks or so from popping again. Real dry winter, hope it doesn't hurt the production last year. I worked that tree hard from last august through new year.

On a serious note I don't understand why they won't allow Hawaii avocados to be shipped to the mainland. There are over 100 different types on the big island, the range from real small to the size of a mini basketball, and can be very soft and butter like or have a harder texture like a coconut meat. My driveway has 12 different varieties of trees alone. Why aren't you mainlanders allowed to enjoy the good stuff?

Also, we have way too many mangos. My driveway has a row of three consecutive mango trees and those things are starting fall. Picture acorns in the fall covering a wooded path, but these are mangos and they get crushed and start to decompose and stink.

AvocadoPoster.jpg

Cherry season seems to last about 35 seconds, but they are my favorite of all summer fruits.

Close second are chambersburg peaches. are those popular in the CoP?

Where do you guys get your avo's from? Mexican avos or are you tasting some of the good stuff?

On a serious note I don't understand why they won't allow Hawaii avocados to be shipped to the mainland. There are over 100 different types on the big island, the range from real small to the size of a mini basketball, and can be very soft and butter like or have a harder texture like a coconut meat. My driveway has 12 different varieties of trees alone. Why aren't you mainlanders allowed to enjoy the good stuff?

Real tough to figure out genius...http://bfy.tw/6AOt

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT