ADVERTISEMENT

Summer in Chicago

i never understood why people want great food and service at a baseball game. grab a cold beer and a dog and sit and enjoy. if anything that should be the least of your concerns.

the only thing that bothers me about Phillies games is the $16 or $20 for parking. thats a crime.
All you write about it cost. I feel bad for you man.

You're explaining why it's a dump in terms of food service. In terms of watching a baseball game, it's a 10. Having a beer and a dog are a nice side benefit of the game, but they're about 5% of the equation. Spend 2 grand and have someone deliver you crab legs and single malt in the Steinbrenner seats if you want convenience.
Disagree. Tons of really bad views at Wrigley. If you have a prime seat, it is a great place to watch a game. 70% of the seats aren't great. In many you feel a mile away from the field.

NBN - im in financial services. everything i do revolves around cost and money. its in my DNA i guess.

dont feel bad for me. im not unable to pay the prices, i mostly disagree with them and empathize with the family of 5 trying to get the kids to a ball game.

Z man - they are 29 games under .500 , pretty bad. i prefer the Reading Phils , thats a great park. even trenton, lehigh valley, wilmington blue rocks are better options for families.

NBN - im in financial services. everything i do revolves around cost and money. its in my DNA i guess.

dont feel bad for me. im not unable to pay the prices, i mostly disagree with them and empathize with the family of 5 trying to get the kids to a ball game.
Fair enough.

Beers at Phils games are now 12-13 bucks. I can understand 6, 7, 8, 9 bucks. You're gouging me at those prices, but whatever. But I can get a case of sh*tty beer for 13 bucks.

Reading Phils are a great experience. Their prices are starting to creep, too though. Probably a function of being owned by the corporate Phillies now instead of a quaint minor league owner.

camden is a decent option if you live in South Jersey or center city philly. beer prices are pretty bad everywhere. sporting events, concerts, etc. i have to have a few beers at a ball game. id pay anything they ask. that is why they charge what they do, cause people pay it.

Fenway and Wrigley are the same. Great for out-of-towners who come in and sit through one game per year. Miserable for local fans who attend twenty or more games a season.

Fenway and Wrigley are the same. Great for out-of-towners who come in and sit through one game per year. Miserable for local fans who attend twenty or more games a season.
I don't feel bad for people who attend 20 or games a year. Get a life.

i never understood why people want great food and service at a baseball game. grab a cold beer and a dog and sit and enjoy. if anything that should be the least of your concerns.

the only thing that bothers me about Phillies games is the $16 or $20 for parking. thats a crime.

Nats park is $30-40 per game. Cry me a river

ADP - how many Nats games do you go to per season? any minor league or independent league teams in the DC, N VA area that you like to go to?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but novabball2 is a noted golf snob that snubs his nose at public courses. yet he scoffs at the cost of parking at a ballgame?

Reactions: NickleDimer
my dislike of public golf courses and people playing said golf courses has nothing to do with a city charging hard working americans $20 to park. especially when those teams stink (Phillies and Sixers). like i said before, i pay it cause i can but i feel for the families paying $150 for tickets and parking before they even get into the park. then its $12 beers, $8 ice cream, etc. its outrageous.

i get its all a choice but baseball in the summer time is something a family should be able to do at a reasonable price.

i will say Glen Mills is a nice public course. less the 7th green. what the heck is that?

ADP - how many Nats games do you go to per season? any minor league or independent league teams in the DC, N VA area that you like to go to?
20 or so regular season. Heading down tonight for max vs cuerto

Pretty substantial group of white douchebags we have here when a thread about black on black gunplay quickly shifts gears to a bragging contest of who pays more to park at a baseball game

Who is bragging? We'really enjoying our big roller who complains about 16 parking. I give away 60 games per year and I'm not commenting on black on black crime. I stick to things I know.

Just paid $10.75 for a beer at Sox Park- too much or okay by BW standards? Also, I'm going to 3 games in 7 days: acceptable as long as I stay under 20 for the season, or no good? Please advise.

. .$13 for a beer in Philly? Now that is outrageous. I thought $9 for a Miller Lite was bad. Cannot believe enough people continue to buy beers at that price. Crazy.

. .$13 for a beer in Philly? Now that is outrageous. I thought $9 for a Miller Lite was bad. Cannot believe enough people continue to buy beers at that price. Crazy.

It's at the point where the satisfaction of having a beer is not worth it. A nice casual 3 beer afternoon over the course of 4 hours? $39 and you didn't even catch a buzz. The biggest f*ck you to fans is how they rig ticket prices on Stubhub. When will some attention seeking politician dig into that? Mr. Cuomo?

It's at the point where the satisfaction of having a beer is not worth it. A nice casual 3 beer afternoon over the course of 4 hours? $39 and you didn't even catch a buzz. The biggest f*ck you to fans is how they rig ticket prices on Stubhub. When will some attention seeking politician dig into that? Mr. Cuomo?
Senator Schumer did a few years back. Jersey guys did the same thing after Bruce tickets went on sale at Met Life a few years back. Anyway, back to the topic at hand. It's up to the public to vote against these outrages prices with their wallets. Monday we were coming back from the Shore and had to stop at one of the Maryland rest stops. My kids wanted some fruit and I was getting one of those starbucks ice coffee double shots. I got to the counter and the lady rang it up, it was $21 for an ice coffee and 3 little things of fruit. I was dumbfounded when the total came up and put everything back.You've got to draw the line somewhere. My wife just sat there looking at me and laughing and said, "You're the only person there not willing to spend the money who then gets into his Mercedes". You're darn right. There are principalities involved. $13 for a beer is a bridge too far.

I believe the $13 beers at CBP are the 25 oz cans?

Also, you are a fool if you pay full price for Phillies tickets. My move now is to buy standing room only tickets for $20 and then just sit anywhere I please in the stadium. As long as you don't go into a completely empty section you are set. Reminds me of the days at the Vet where you start in the 700 level and move your way down to the lower level.

Replaced the kids' fruit bowls with packs of Starbursts I presume?
No, I told those little snots they could hold out until we got home. Daddy wasn't going to be gouged. They got nothing but learned a valuable lesson.

what confuses the kangaroo the most is the college kids who spend the money on beer at games. I'm only 31, so I'm probably too young to play the "kids these days" cards, but it seems like it really isnt a big deal to them to drop $27 on three beers at a game. there is no way I would have considered doing that when i was a student

can anyone on here finish a 25oz can in the blazing summer sun before it gets warm? not sure i can these days. i prefer the 16oz take home cup anyway.

stub hub is the worst. my dad used it once back in 07 to go up to N Broad for Nova temple. we get there and the entire upper bowl is empty. brokers buy all the tickets and then sell them on stub hub. maybe 100 people in the upper level that winters night. what a joke.

I believe the $13 beers at CBP are the 25 oz cans?

Also, you are a fool if you pay full price for Phillies tickets. My move now is to buy standing room only tickets for $20 and then just sit anywhere I please in the stadium. As long as you don't go into a completely empty section you are set. Reminds me of the days at the Vet where you start in the 700 level and move your way down to the lower level.

then leave a negative Yelp review if they don't refund you the $20.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT