ADVERTISEMENT

Switching Everything on D

adp98

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Gold Member
Feb 25, 2005
I know we're not supposed to talk about actual hoops but I would love to get thoughts on the subject. It's been well documented that Wisky killed Kentucky by taking advantage of mis-matches on switches. Good coaches seem to take advantage of these situations (I'm having flashbacks to watching teams abuse Mouph by making him guard on the perimeter). So here is my question, especially coming into next season where I expect our defense to be a work in progress: is it time to for Jay to start tweaking the defense the same way we tweaked our offense away from Take "Em? And for those who might want to point out that we are simply playing more to our personnel I'm good with that as well. Bo Ryan abused Cal and he refused to stop switching. It was one of the larger issues that cost UK a title. Next season I think we need to extend less and play more base defenses. Love to hear thoughts on the topic. Specifically, is it time for Jay to stop switching everything especially given our team entering next season?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News