ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse loss

Haven't seem much of anything to be optimistic about so I have not been posting. Unlike other down years, this year's team has not been competitive in a most games. The inability to handle the press and to score the ball more than outweighs any superior defensive stand we can muster. We can get eight or ten stops in a row and still manage to score less than five points at the other end. No ability to come from behind seven or eight down which we usually are five minutes in the game.

For a team that needs to take care of the ball and hit open shots, we can do neither. Any team that doesn't press us to start the game or when Kane is not in the game has not done their scouting report.

We used to say we had a good chance to win if we held the opposition in the 50's. Now we can't win at all at that level since we can't score 50 ourselves. Some bad teams left on the schedule but no real upside to the outcome either way for the rest of this season. Nothing positive to carry over to next year. As noted by others we need some horses, or at least some fast ponies that can shoot a bit.

For the first time in decades I didn't go up to the Cuse. Some medical problems were one factor while the other was it just wouldn't have been worth the trip. One year up there in Manley we made l4 consecutive scores from beyond the arc. Seven were to end the first half and seven to start the second. We missed some two pointers in between the treys.

49 shots, 36 were 3's. ARE YOU SERIOUS? I must have read that wrong. Nice coaching/game plan.

Interesting, I checked a feww other box scores. Cinn. 58 shots, 32 3's; Prov. 55 shots, 33 3's; Louisville, 48 shots, 30 3's. Of course if they go in, GREAT! Tough % shot to win games!! Check how many fouls we shoot a game compared to the other team. I am not a great follower of stats or tendencies, but ours are very revealing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT