ADVERTISEMENT

Talley-"Two or Three Years"

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
Last night at the Maxwell Club dinner Coach was saying "Our new football building is coming on line in the fall.I want to see that thru . I want to make sure that gets up and running in a good way. Probably the next two or three years would be enough for me.We have a great staff at Villanova now that's been with me for a while. Hopefully there would be some kind of transition there so we can kind of keep the beat going." Coach T received his third Tri-State Coach of The Year Award.
Coach also said "It's a great time to be at Villanova. Jay is having a great run. We had a great season(football) Maybe Jay 's going to make a run at the national championship. They're the real deal".
BTW Coach is 71 years young.

Is the building really going to be done this fall? I was just over there and didn't see any signs of imminent construction.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

No. Break ground. Then Coach will watch over construction Building will help all sports with meeting rooms academic area, etc. Building will free up current football offices for other coaches. Current football weight will also be freed up. When I say the building will help all sports I do not include hoops, both men and women. They have their own building, the Davis Center. Jay is now raising funds to create a dinning service in Davis Center. Great how Villanovans have responded to these athletic fund raisers.

BTW I thought a date in June was set for ground breaking. If so, Coach T 's remarks must mean the building will be under constructing in the fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT