ADVERTISEMENT

The 5 this year

JK74

All VUSports.com Team
Gold Member
Jul 15, 2001
I believe that our options at the 5 will change somewhat due to our perimeter personel.
With the addition of Brunson, and the possibility of Booth and Arch playing more off the ball (two guards both of which have point guard distribution abilities), the attacking of the basket will become more prolific.
I see this team attacking off the bounce inside the 3 point line more often then last year.
Last year, the primary "attack the basket," threat was DH. Generally, that was a drive and finish move, not a begin the offense move. I believe we will put the ball on the deck and drive more, and see a bit more pick and rolling with our bigs.
That driving will help to bring the defensive focus of the opposition away from the perimeter, and make each defender think and react to a more varied attack offensively then we presented last year. Last year was a passing, and spacing attack, creating open looks more by swinging the ball rapidly for open looks.
With that said, I think we need an offensive rebounder (besides guards pounding the boards and a big that can make himself available for a dish as an option for the driver. I don't see that in Jenkins. I can see Reynolds filling that roll. He showed good mobility and hands, along with the ability to finish, and rebound.
I believe he plays 40% of the minutes Ochefu plays, with an uptick for more as he gets comfortable.
Ochefu 25, Reynolds 10. Ochefu20, Reynolds 8
Not sold on Jenkins at the 5.
Considering Ochefu's been capable of playing without fouls being an issue most games last year, I see 25 and 12 being a solid average for these two.
I think this kid Reynolds will surprise a few people this year.
Just curious what the consensus is on this.

Reactions: ericw
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.