ADVERTISEMENT

The "Ignore" Button

Mr. Wade Garrett

VUSports.com Addict
Dec 11, 2007
This thing is awesome. First time I've ever tried it. Can read through a thread and not even consider whatever dickhead you're ignoring. Makes everything much more readable.

Reactions: NickleDimer
The only problem with it is that it really reduces traffic on the board when you have a certain person on ignore who has a penchant for starting threads. I'll sometimes check the board at noon and then again at 3, and see that there wasn't a single new thread posted. Then I realize they were probably just garbage threads posted by tjc.

but what about how glitchy that ignore button can be? what has been your experience with that thus far wade?

What's going on in this thread? I have MWG on ignore.

1. I already used that joke weeks ago.
2. My joke directly above yours IN THIS THREAD is a thousand times funnier.

You know, this morning I decided to take you off of ignore, thinking you'd changed your ways. But you're clearly the same old RimJobbLarry!!
Back on "ignore"!

Reactions: tomjackleman
Here's a shortcoming.

If I peruse the AB without signing in, all of tjc's contributions show up.

What do you think is the minimum number of ignores it would take to make the AB readable? I'm going to try tjc, buurrsies, and baboo.

Here's a shortcoming.

If I peruse the AB without signing in, all of tjc's contributions show up.

What do you think is the minimum number of ignores it would take to make the AB readable? I'm going to try tjc, buurrsies, and baboo.

"Ignoring" Burrs is a must. He is truly awful on BW-Main Campus. There is really only one other guy worth mentioning....

And as much as TJC spam drives me nuts, and also ruins the board, "ignoring" him would ruin the BW experience. Think about all of the jokes, BWer-isms, references, and bright siding you would miss out on by "ignoring" TJ Corbs Corbs. Bitter pill to swallow, but it just can't be done.

"Ignoring" Burrs is a must. He is truly awful on BW-Main Campus. There is really only one other guy worth mentioning....

And as much as TJC spam drives me nuts, and also ruins the board, "ignoring" him would ruin the BW experience. Think about all of the jokes, BWer-isms, references, and bright siding you would miss out on by "ignoring" TJ Corbs Corbs. Bitter pill to swallow, but it just can't be done.

Why am I a must ignore? I rarely start threads and when I do they're mostly normal. I basically enjoy talking in sports threads and just give an honest opinion. Eventually, some douche starts with me and I defend myself.

If an ignored person starts a thread, it will never show up? Have I been I missing out on some great NovaCatt or tjc pissing matches over the last few months?
Exactly. If an ignored person starts a thread, it doesn't show up. The only way you can see it is if you go to the main board index page where t shows you the most recent thread on each board, and even then it says that it was started by "ignored member".

Ignoring tjc is a must but it's important to in ignore him from time to time so that you don't miss out on anything. I use NC94 as a marker for tjc, if he is posting in a thread there's a good chance that tjc is there.

The only problem with it is that it really reduces traffic on the board when you have a certain person on ignore who has a penchant for starting threads. I'll sometimes check the board at noon and then again at 3, and see that there wasn't a single new thread posted. Then I realize they were probably just garbage threads posted by tjc.
You mean like the one
If an ignored person starts a thread, it will never show up? Have I been I missing out on some great NovaCatt or tjc pissing matches over the last few months?
I have NC94 back on ignore so there's been no pissing matches. Once and a while I take him off ignore in hopes that he's gotten treatment for his obsession with me but that always turns out to be a mistake because he's still at it.

To hell with the ignore button. If you don't like it, don't read it.

I used to think the same. But when you're scrolling through a thread while youre on the toilet and one guy is responding to every post like its his own TQ, it's like being at a party with a loud obnoxious guy. If you remove his voice from your ears, the party becomes more fun.

Reactions: NickleDimer
If you are reading 4.6 and free BW you are there because you are looking for the kind of interaction that this freak show offers. Ignoring the main attractions seems counterproductive.

Reactions: kjbert
If you are reading 4.6 and free BW you are there because you are looking for the kind of interaction that this freak show offers. Ignoring the main attractions seems counterproductive.

Not Burrs. He f-cking sucks.

Offers no comedic value either.

I used to think the same. But when you're scrolling through a thread while youre on the toilet and one guy is responding to every post like its his own TQ, it's like being at a party with a loud obnoxious guy. If you remove his voice from your ears, the party becomes more fun.
Well put. The only "glitch" from the ignore feature is that if someone quotes the ignored member, that post doesn't show up either. So you do end up missing some stuff. But usually if it's a quote, then it's probably some pedantic argument that isn't worth your time anyway. I did try to put TJC on ignore, but you miss way too much.

Well put. The only "glitch" from the ignore feature is that if someone quotes the ignored member, that post doesn't show up either. So you do end up missing some stuff. But usually if it's a quote, then it's probably some pedantic argument that isn't worth your time anyway. I did try to put TJC on ignore, but you miss way too much.

If you're doing "ignore" right, you don't care to see the responses to ignored posters either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT