ADVERTISEMENT

This Year vs. Last Year

Kittles93-tc

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
My brother and I had a discussion based on a tweet by Mark Titus (former Grantland hoops writer) who said that last year's team would beat this year's team by 10.

My bro and I both like this year's team more for a few reasons:

1. Jenkins is playing at a much higher level than Pinkston. He is truly a stretch 4 and makes us much more dangerous offensively.
2. When Ochefu is out, prefer Reynolds at the 5 over Pinkson simply due to height. (I thought Pinkston did a great job defensively senior year, but you can't coach length.)
3. We can mix it up more. We play zone quite often and go big more than BEEFER ever expected.
4. Ennis was fine but loved to play hero ball at times. Never liked his offensive game frankly. What we lose in D we gain in offensive stability.
5. Hilliard was tremendous his senior year. He was a big loss and isn't truly a replaceable part. But Hart, Arch and Jenkins have stepped in to fill by committee.
6. Bridges brings an X factor of length and athleticism we simply did not have last year. He allows us to play "small" but still have size.

It is easy to base it on results (Sweet 16 this year; no Sweet 16 last year). But I was ready to post this before the tournament but did not think it was the right time.

Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News