ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on the new regime

as002

'Nova Nation Sensation
Oct 9, 2009
Mike Craven seems like a decent guy, but does he really care about Villanova basketball? Or is this "job" more of a bullet point to put on his journalism resume? Is this site going to become a boilerplate place where stale news is regurgitated, no original content, and little interaction from our new leader?

I want to give the new guy a chance. Seems like a normal guy. But I think if I were hired to be the bog of some big 12 football board I would have a tough time giving a Damn about it and it would be more of a chore than a job I really cared about.

Thoughts?

So it looks like Mike Craven's role as Villanova's rival moderator was short run.

Guy quit already?

Standing, but how about contributing?

What's the deal with dave gersen? Did you really hire a well know temple troll, owlified, to be a contributing writer?

Anyway, my view is this: if somebody wants to oversee a forum for villanova discussion, then I welcome it. I'm no mike craven hater. I hope this works out. I'm just wondering what we are going to be getting here....

He was an alt.

I want the free boards to remain active for you to use. These are your boards. Talk Villanova on BW or anything else on the 4.6. I'm not standing in the way of conversations continuing. Talk Villanova, basketball, Euro, golf, travel, movies or whatever went on before.

I'm open to constructive ideas on what my role should be. I think it may be best for me to chime in around here when necessary, share free content and be more of a presence of the premium board. If people disagree, I'm listening.

Reactions: BigEastBasketball
I don't care if we (as in, part of the Villanova community) stay or go to 4.7, I'd just like to decide sooner rather than later because I have having to check 3 different boards.

I think Mike quickly figured out that it was going to a difficult task to re-establish the Rivals edition of VUSports......My guess is that 90% or more of the members have or will have jumped to Scout, I have, but still hanging around as my subscription here doesn't expire 'til Dec.
Mike needs to attempt to get a relationship with Jay and the staff, attend the social functions as well as Andy and Jay's radio shows during the football and hoops seasons. And, in short, will there be enough schmoozing to spread between Scout & Rivals.

I think Mike quickly figured out that it was going to a difficult task to re-establish the Rivals edition of VUSports......My guess is that 90% or more of the members have or will have jumped to Scout, I have, but still hanging around as my subscription here doesn't expire 'til Dec.
Mike needs to attempt to get a relationship with Jay and the staff, attend the social functions as well as Andy and Jay's radio shows during the football and hoops seasons. And, in short, will there be enough schmoozing to spread between Scout & Rivals.

I doubt he lives anywhere near Philly, which will make face-to-face interaction a non-entity. Rivals not hiring a person with some kind of a Nova connection was a mistake. Though it's not easy to find a capable, willing person like that, either.

I doubt he lives anywhere near Philly, which will make face-to-face interaction a non-entity. Rivals not hiring a person with some kind of a Nova connection was a mistake. Though it's not easy to find a capable, willing person like that, either.
I'm leaving because they removed the recap of my total number of posts which was about to trip 35,000.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT