ADVERTISEMENT

Tiger about to go off

adp98

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Gold Member
Feb 25, 2005
Predictions? I'm going with a 71.

73 and his post round interview he says i just couldnt make any putts 5 times in a row.

Bogeys one and sprays a 3 wood on 2. Ball is buried. Rough looks nasty on North Course.

like i said last week until he can drive the ball he isnt going to win. he hits the ball so far off course you can make birdies that way. two rds of par get you cut this week.

Has to punch out to 100 yards. Hits a terrible wedge and shortsides himself. Hits a ridiculous chip in to save par. Pushes another 3 wood on third tee. everything right as he's not getting through the ball and continuing to block the ball.

Originally posted by novabball2:
73 and his post round interview he says i just couldnt make any putts 5 times in a row.
Will he also use the phrase "Course was tough today. Tough but fair" ?

+2. Lower back now flaring up. Faldo says his swing is "stuck" putting pressure on his back. Feeling a WD coming on. Damn.

hello Butch, its Tiger. can you hear me? please take my call.

i thought he would WD last week. i guess he wanted to wait one more rd to see if his swing came around.

Originally posted by LizReed:

people are this invested in Tiger's round?
It is dramatic theater. There are people who are hoping and praying that he comes back and is the Tiger of old again. They've been saying for 2 years now that he just needs to get healthy, or he just needs to get his swing back on track, and he'll be crushing people like it's 2000 again. Then there are people who are heavily invested in seeing him fail. He's a joke, an egotistical maniac who is finally getting what's coming to him. No matter where you fall on that scale, it's exciting TV.

Liz, Faldo just compared watching Tiger to NASCAR. Battled back to birdie 16 (he started on10). +1 heading to 18. He's "favoring" that lower back.

I get all that. The few holes I've watched I've only seen some very pedestrian (for a PGA pro) golf for him.

riveting.
stefaniace.gif

Originally posted by Villanova U:

riveting.
ec
Ha! My son and I were six rows up in the grandstand when he hit that hole in one. Right after the rain delay on Thursday morning.

The young, great tIger could make that swing with his lag
on the downswing not getting the clubhead caught too far
inside. That move is death to older players.

Man, the chipping is the worst. Faldo going off on him a bit, says...stop worrying about angles, you're a pro, just chip it.

Worms are eating Woodsy's brain. I had no idea it was this bad. The 4.6 tried to learn me up, but I wouldn't listen.

Citing the fog delay as the root of his problem. What happened to all that mental toughness from a few years back? I think he left it in the Escalade.

Haven't we been over this?

Woods needs to be banging 10 different chicks at once - minimum - to have that edge he used to possess.

One Olympic skier ain't gonna cut it.

Been a Tiger fan for some time. This downward slide is getting old. When will I watch golf again?

somewhere Jack is smiling knowing he wont live long enough to see Rory and not Tiger break his record.

Jack is 100% right. once you have a family you cant continue winning majors at a rapid pace. I still think the US AM should count as a major for tigers record and Jacks as well. it did for Jones.

for the numbers Jack won 2 US AMs tiger 3. so tiger would be one closer to jacks record of 20. tiger would have 17.

My favorite part of this thread is all the attention given to nick faldo's comments. The greatest golfer of one generation discussing the greatest golfer of the next generation. Good stuff.

Anyway, I am a tiger fan. I am in the camp of hoping he returns to form. A couple of years ago I thought that hope was realistic, but at this point it is getting harder and harder to see him stepping up to a high level of play again. But for whatever reason, I am not all that intrigued by these little rounds. Kind of a yawn for me.

I think tiger needs to starting doing steroids to fix his physical ailments and stamina at an older age. It worked for Phil Mickelson as he went from an above average golfer to a hall of fame in the twilight of his career (similar to vijay, goosen, and Adam vinatieri). If tiger can find some good steroids that help him maintain fitness, he might be able to have a resurgence that many of us are hoping for.

Originally posted by qwe015:
I think tiger needs to starting doing steroids to fix his physical ailments and stamina at an older age. It worked for Phil Mickelson as he went from an above average golfer to a hall of fame in the twilight of his career (similar to vijay, goosen, and Adam vinatieri). If tiger can find some good steroids that help him maintain fitness, he might be able to have a resurgence that many of us are hoping for.
Start? Hasn't he been doing them for years???

Cough Anthony Galea Cough

Tiger probably did them a dozen to a half dozen years ago, but he clearly has not been doing them the past half decade. He could learn from Phil Mickelson and start them up again.

Originally posted by RW_Prescott:

Anthony Galea
I don't know if Woods took PEDs (he certainly seems like the type), but I do know this...

1. Woods hasn't taken anything that McIlroy hasn't taken, because their BEEFING has been identical (I vote "no" on both)

2. Galea

The Kobe BEEF went to Germany for PRP in 2012 because it wasn't FDA approved, and US doctors don't like to get sued.

The reason Kobe, A-Rod, and other athletes travel to Germany for their biologic treatments involves a vague FDA regulation that mandates that all human tissues (such as blood and bone marrow) can only be "minimally manipulated," or else they are classified as a drug and subject to much stricter governmental regulations. The problem, of course, is figuring out what "minimal" means in the context of biologics. Can the blood be heated to a higher temperature, as with Regenokine? Spun in a centrifuge? Can certain proteins be filtered out? Nobody knows the answer to these questions, and most American doctors are unwilling to risk the ire of regulators.

If I have Kobe or Woods money, I'm not flying to Germany because the FDA moves at a glaciers pace. Especially for a therapy where the effects likely increase with repeated administration. If you wanted to go rogue to get PRP in the comfort of your own home...you needed a "rogue" doctor.

Just a hunch...would've bet a dollar that the "Woods PED camp" were all Lancers right up to the bitter end, yellow bracelets and all.

Will never know...

Finally…

Billy Casper Remembered

I've been catching a lot of golf coverage in the morning;

1. It's not NFL
2. It's not ESPN
3. CoP is black hole of pro sports

Anyway, they reran Feherty interview with Casper. Question was why was Casper relatively obscure compared to Nicklaus, Palmer, Player etc. Said that Mark McCormack started the first real golf management company (IMG) to promote players and signed everybody. Casper didn't like the way McCormack did business, so he left. Said it was one of the best decisions he ever made.

In other words…the guy said that one of the best decisions he ever made was one that "prevented" him from obtaining fortune and fame. You don't get that a whole lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT