ADVERTISEMENT

To the new generation of Nova fans

markootz

Diaper Dandy
Gold Member
May 12, 2005
As the realization of this incredible run has begun to sink in, it made me realize how fortunate those of us who are old enough to have experienced 1985 are. As a freshman on campus that April 1st night I experienced the events that would play a large role not only in shaping me a as a fan going forward but that night cemented my relationship to our great university and instilled in me an appreciation for the values that VU represented that helped mold me as man.

I am so happy that the younger alums and current students now have there own 1985 to cherish with all the perks that come with it. To this day I am still stopped by people when wearing Nova gear that love to recollect where they were in 85' when mighty Georgetown went down. Now a new generation of Cats can enjoy this win and the Jenkins shot that will be replayed as often or more as the scene of Dwayne McClain laying sprawled on the floor, Harold Jensen racing past him in jubilation. I am so happy for the older Cats amongst us who may have begun to wonder if they would ever see another championship in their lifetime especially with the instability caused by realignment and the concerns going forward of the viability of basketball only schools in the new football driven reality.

Thank you to Arch, DO and the rest of this superb group of young men for providing this incredible run. I am as proud of the way they conduct themselves off of the court as I am on the court.

Thank you to Rollie Massimino for creating a family culture that promoted the pursuit of athletic excellence without ever compromising the promise that our guys would be true scholar-athletes. Thank you Rollie for mentoring and molding a young Jay Wright and for having the guts to call out the money men when it appeared Jay was headed to Rutgers.

Finally, Thank you Jay Wright for being the best coach, maker of men and role model a school could ever ask for, while also being the best good will ambassador a new league could possibly ever have.

Heady times to be a Cat. Salute!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News