ADVERTISEMENT

TWolves buyout Bennett

Reports of Canada's ascendance in international basketball have been greatly exaggerated.

Reports of Canada's ascendance in international basketball have been greatly exaggerated.

They're still 10x better than they were when in it was just Nash and Magloire. Bennett does pretty much just suck though. Top 10 pick worthy? Yeah he had a nice skillset. But he was like chubby athletic. Even carmelo was kind of ripped at 19. Explosion has abandoned him and he's not big or long enough to keep up

My spin on Anthony Bennett? I never had a spin. Raised an eyebrow when he went #1, but didn't really give two shits because that was Ckevekand's doing.
If this happened with the Sixers I think it would go like this.
  • They should wait and see another year
  • It was a bad draft anyways
  • They picked the best player available
  • All the experts said he was the right pick

He will have to become a deadly outside shooter to be salvaged. Which is definitely possible. I wouldn't be surprised if diet couldn't fix this guy. He's just doughy lookin. Or he is a secret alcoholic

Does the NBA still not test for weed? (Player's union was real strong on that -- as of a few years ago at least, no test for it.) Might explain the weight and motivation issues for this guy anyway.

Does the NBA still not test for weed? (Player's union was real strong on that -- as of a few years ago at least, no test for it.) Might explain the weight and motivation issues for this guy anyway.
Maybe he really liked gummy bears like Marcus Austin.

Or when he didn't completely embarrass himself when he had to play more than 12 minutes due to Phonegate.

Derrick Rose was a complete gummy bear addict apparently. My brother and I got a real kick out of this cause they had similar diets at the time but my brother was a slob. He may still be, not sure.

""He eats Gummy Bears and Starburst for breakfast, and Twizzlers and Honey Buns for dinner. That's why his stomach hurts," fellow guard Chris Douglas-Roberts said. "We tell Derrick the whole year, 'Stop eating so many Gummy Bears and Sour Straws.' But he can't. ... Nobody eats Gummy Bears more than him."

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/587766-derrick-roses-stomach-ulcers-result-of-candy-abuse

Marcus Austin used to destroy the gummy bears in the exchange. I can remember Allan yelling at him, "Marcus, go easy on the gummy bears."

Reactions: Chimpat
You are estranged from your brother?

Lots of potentially misleading verbage in that paragraph. "He may still be, not sure" refers to Rose's gummy bear addiction.

"My brother was a slob" refers to that he has lost about 45 pounds since he was in college (also nova) and now makes me look like a weakling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT