ADVERTISEMENT

UFC

BJ Penn is a local hero. Don't talk smack about him.

Albert "Always Bad" Manners was a client of mine. He has a sweet BJPenn.com tattoo across his neck

Can't believe Silva was -330 fighting in another dudes backyard where we know he was drug tested. Not in the least bit surprised the fraud lost.

Bisping beats Silva. Didn't see any of this shit overseas card.

What is the level of respect for Silva now? Are his accomplishments completely tarnished by the juice (and post juice/old age losses)? Or can we still appreciate what a savage fighter he was?

Fight was his to win. Just too much dickin around doing hand-jive while his back was against the cage. Would dick around for 4:30 and then try and win the round in the last 30 seconds. The feeling out his opponent and dicking around strategy was effective when he was in his prime b/c he was so quick and accurate. Now that he is 40, those skills have diminished; never saw him whiff and stumble as much as he did today. He still could have won that fight if he fought instead of trying to be cute.

Definitely should retire. If he stays around, the only other option is to fight other has-beens like Shogun, Hendo, etc.

Finally watched the Mac-Diaz presser. Can't wait.

BJ Penn is a local hero. Don't talk smack about him.

Albert "Always Bad" Manners was a client of mine. He has a sweet BJPenn.com tattoo across his neck
It doesn't take much to be a local hero there. Talked to an associate in the Rainbow state recently who yammered on and on about washed up pitcher Jerome Williams.

I'm reading that it was a great fight and Silva beat him if not for some friendly Ref work and scoring.

I had it 48/47 Silva, but was real close. HAd a feeling Bisping would get his hand raised and didn't have a problem with it.

First two rounds Bisping definitely.

Third round Silva. Though there was some controversy at the end. Still not sure what happened as the sound was off and even if it was on it would have been in Espanol

4th Rd was close. I gave to Silva

5th Rd I gave to Silva, but not a no-brainer.

Silva's own fault. Fight was way too close to be coasting at times.

Definitely an entertaining fight even with the Silva hand-jive.

Much respect for Bisping. Tough dude. His face was mangled, but kept coming.

Silva is old. So that fake taunting sh*t he does is really just him buying time and trying to conserve energy at this point. Glad the judges punished him for that BS.

Youz guys ever see the Diaz bros cartoons? Whoever does these has these two nitwits down to a t. Make me giggle a bit.

Kids don't play stick ball on the streets out here. They practice to be the next bj penn (and the streets also tend to be dirt, not paved)

This might be the worst PPV card they've had ever. Just a lot of garbage who cares fights. Main is a squash match. Co main is a chick fight without Rousey. Every other fight is crap.

This is what MMA boards look like right now. They're on fire.

tumblr_m7lm7oRZZI1rofxqqo1_500.gif

Reactions: CWertz
That was fun. Looking forward to some fun-filled hours of watching the interviews.

It was smart of him taking the fight at 170 though. He is such a huge draw that it probably wont (although it should) impact a 155 title shot. Sadly, I doubt we will be able to get plus money on RDA now. But yea, after that whooping, his next fight should definitely be at 145... against Frankie.... at UFC 200.

Reactions: NickleDimer
PS If they give the fight to Aldo, I'm going to be very upset

Dana lost so much money last nite it's ridiculous. Lost the Holm-RouseY rematch. Lost most of the starch off the McG train. Let's keep it real with Conor. If (when) he goes back to filleting featherweights the narrative will be he's just beating up on little dudes.

Bad night for Dana. But not that bad. He still flew home on his private jet.

Rousey just has to submit Tate for the third time before the Holm rematch.

I was thinking the same thing about making the fight at 170. Built in excuse for Conor and allows him to come back to 155 he he can clean out 145 (he won't). We now realize the irrational exuberance of it all.

Diaz can take a punch. Will be a vegetable in a few more years at this rate.

Dana lost so much money last nite it's ridiculous. Lost the Holm-RouseY rematch. Lost most of the starch off the McG train. Let's keep it real with Conor. If (when) he goes back to filleting featherweights the narrative will be he's just beating up on little dudes.

Bad night for Dana. But not that bad. He still flew home on his private jet.

Man, how wrong were you? Inside info. Ha. Nice effort with the 180.

Laughing at the people who discounted Nate Diaz, his bjj, and his iron chin #jiujitsusaveslives. Those Diaz boys can scrap. Was happy to cash in on Nate at +400. Thinking Diaz gets a nod vs RDA for the 155 belt and Connor defends against Aldo or Edgar. However would love to see how an Aldo vs Edgar match-up playout.

Man, how wrong were you? Inside info. Ha. Nice effort with the 180.

I was indeed wrong, just like most others, including the people who set odds on these sorts of things. I thought the short notice would be Nate's downfall.

Reactions: jvm3
Laughing at the people who discounted Nate Diaz, his bjj, and his iron chin #jiujitsusaveslives. Those Diaz boys can scrap. Was happy to cash in on Nate at +400. Thinking Diaz gets a nod vs RDA for the 155 belt and Connor defends against Aldo or Edgar. However would love to see how an Aldo vs Edgar match-up playout.

Laughing at you laughing here when the fight is over, and not before it began. Get that weak stuff outta here. Let me guess, you had the Lakers moneyline today as 18 point underdogs against the Warriors too? You know me, I make my opinions known beforehand, not after the fact.

Reactions: jvm3 and dirtyd
"Dana lost so much money last nite it's ridiculous. Lost the Holm-RouseY rematch."

Disagree with this a bit homes. I think Tate winning is an even better scenario for the UFC.

With that ass-whooping she took in November, I really think Rousey was contemplating retirement. Now the belt is pretty much hers again. She'll easily take out Tate again. So the promotions top one or two draw iwill once again be champ again.

Meanwhile, Holm fights Nunes. Win-win. If Holm wins, the rematch is on - huge seller. If Holm loses, Ronda beats up on everyone else for a couple more years - maybe not as big a seller, but lots more fights from Rousey. And as long as RR is still fighting, the Holm rematch will happen again at some point.

"Dana lost so much money last nite it's ridiculous. Lost the Holm-RouseY rematch."

Disagree with this a bit homes. I think Tate winning is an even better scenario for the UFC.

With that ass-whooping she took in November, I really think Rousey was contemplating retirement. Now the belt is pretty much hers again. She'll easily take out Tate again. So the promotions top one or two draw iwill once again be champ again.

Meanwhile, Holm fights Nunes. Win-win. If Holm wins, the rematch is on - huge seller. If Holm loses, Ronda beats up on everyone else for a couple more years - maybe not as big a seller, but lots more fights from Rousey. And as long as RR is still fighting, the Holm rematch will happen again at some point.

I dont think anyone really cares to see Rousey fight anyone b
PS If they give the fight to Aldo, I'm going to be very upset

I suspect you will be very upset. I feel like Dana believes Aldo is an easier style matchup for Conor than Edgar right now. Edgar is gonna go out just try to wrestle and cardio**** Conor and they can't risk a 2nd straight loss for McG. I don't see Aldo beating Conor now or ever. I think Aldo is done at the elite level with the new PED testing but maybe he proves me wrong. He looked like the incredible shrinking man in the first fight.

Hogwash. The Rousey-Tate PPV numbers will be huge. And if/when she gets the belt back, she will continue to be the UFC's biggest top two draws. Tons of fighters I'd rather watch, but the extremely casual fans will continue to tune-in to watch her fight as long as she is the champ.

Yes, we all know this about Dana, McGregor, Aldo and Edgar. Old news.

Hogwash. The Rousey-Tate PPV numbers will be huge. And if/when she gets the belt back, she will continue to be the UFC's biggest top two draws. Tons of fighters I'd rather watch, but the extremely casual fans will continue to tune-in to watch her fight as long as she is the champ.

Yes, we all know this about Dana, McGregor, Aldo and Edgar. Old news.

That should read I don't think anyone who really cares (the die hards) to see RouseY fight anyone but Holm at this point. Got cut off. Been there done that seeing her run over these other girls who have no striking. That's just my opinion anyway. We know Tate can't beat her. There's no drama there. These other girls suck. Maybe Nunes might be OK. She's got plenty to prove. I don't concern myself with casual fans who know her from Fast and Furious movies. They can blow their money on whatever they want because it's the cool thing to do. I'm a big MMA and boxing guy and don't spend a cent on these events. Stream everything.

That's all good and fine, but the only thing that counts is $$$.

The diehards (me) will tune-in no matter who is fighting. You won't be watching her future cards at all?

FOr the PPV to really sell it needs to bring in the casual fans. You might not concern yourself with the casual fans. No offense, but who really gives a shit about that? Dana and the UFC sure as hell care about the casual fans and RRR brings them in better than anyone

Laughing at you laughing here when the fight is over, and not before it began. Get that weak stuff outta here. Let me guess, you had the Lakers moneyline today as 18 point underdogs against the Warriors too? You know me, I make my opinions known beforehand, not after the fact.

Lol how much money did you lose on McG? Diaz wasn't anywhere near as big of a dog as you thought he would be. It's obvious you're kind of new to watching this sport. No one takes the Diaz for granted. How do I post pictures? I'll show you exactly how much cash I threw down. And yawn at betting on NBA games. I pity anyone who does so.

Reactions: dirtyd
Say fcking what?!

Strong rumors that McGregor-Diaz rematch for UFC 200.

Makes no sense, besides money.

Diaz just beat his ass after being pulled off a party boat in Cabo on 10 days notice.

Edgar getting hosed.

So McGregor doesn't defend his belt for two straight fights? Unless, Diaz somehow can get down to 145? Can't see that happening.

Maybe Mac doesn't want to make the tough cut to 145 anymore? Can't see him just walking away from his belt though. Especially after the humble pie he was served a couple weeks ago.

I get it, the rematch will sell. But so will any McGreogr fight... especially at UFC 200.

I don't buy these rumors. They make no sense. Seems like career suicide.

Well, supposedly the rematch will be at 170 again. Just weird.

But then again, is it?

IF he loses again, he still has the 145 belt. He and Dana can still talk about how great he is for moving up 25 lbs again... no one else has ever done that... blah.

He can still go back down to 145 as champ. Avoid Edgar one more fight, whilst waxing Aldo again.

Meeting Edgar at 200 and getting worked over would be more "career suicide".

It's all a crock of shit. Unless Conor doesn't want to make the cut to 145 again and plans on giving up his belt.

170 again? He can't be that stupid. Can he?

Sounds like he's petrified of getting wrestle****ed by Frankie. I get that but Diaz seems to be just as bad a matchup in that he's damn near impossible to KO and Conor has no ground game. It's pretty clear that Diaz could use his BJJ against him whenever he wants to. Sure Conor might be in better cardio shape with more time to acclimate to the weight but Diaz would also be more prepared with an actual camp so it goes both ways. I'm trying to wrap my head around what Conor would do so different in a rematch. I guess conserve his energy more and try to point fight instead of end it with 1 powerful shot, but if these goes are going 5 rounds again can he really sustain the energy level and pace required for 5 rds against a guy with a crazy chin and even crazier cardio? I have serious doubts. And not only sustain the pace and not gass out, but also not fall into any submissions along the way.

170 is just a bridge too far. He needs to suck it up and realize his physical advantages don't exist there. Maybe he feels like he can't make 145 now without killing himself. Maybe he decided he is rich now and likes food. 155 seems to be his wheelhouse. Doesn't have to cut too much but it still as big or bigger than most opponents. Recognize your limitations.

Agreed.

He is definitely avoiding Frankie and Uncle Dana is helping him hide. Edgar deserved the fight last July over Mendes. Of course they gave it to Mendes knowing Frankie would be ready for 5 rounds.

Then Dana makes statements along the lines of Frankie needing a statement win. So he goes and and KO's Mendes in one round. Not good enough?

I can already hear Dana to the critics "Frankie was offered Conor at 196 and he turned it down...". Even though Frankie had legitimate injury.

If the rumors are true, he needs to give up his belt. He lost last month. No more letting him do whatever he wants. Either defend the title or walk away from it and move up. No more dicking around. Beat Frankie and Aldo then go do super-fights.

But yea, 155 is his natural home. He'll be Top-5ish there. Some fun match-ups there: Cucuy & Pettis come to mind. Khabib sodomizes him. Pissed I wont get plus money on RDA. Shit, Eddie Alvarez will give him trouble with his wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT