ADVERTISEMENT

Vice special - Countdown to Zero

NovaHoops2002

VUSports.com All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Did anyone check out this special report on the revolutionary breakthroughs on AIDS/HIV prevention and treatment? It was fascinating - for me it was even more interesting than their special on cancer research last year. The most interesting part for me was how they are trying to combat the virus by removing a specific part of the patients genome (delta 32) where AIDS/HIV attacks and then performing a transfusion which in turn can cure the patient. They are still in clinical trials for this but the results have been positive and by most accounts they are expecting a cure withing the next X number of years. If this works it can open the doors to do the same thing to combat other things like heart disease etc. If you have the chance I would recommend checking it out - it's on demand and on HBO Go/Now.

Cancer episode on Vice was equally intriguing where they are using viruses like HIV to combat real Cancer.

For a while there I thought the title of this thread had to do w the number of replies it would receive.

Cancer episode on Vice was equally intriguing where they are using viruses like HIV to combat real Cancer.
WC, do you remember the name of the episode about cancer? I tried to find it last night after I read your post but couldn't find it. I'm not a frequent user of You Tube so maybe I just am not searching the site correctly. Thanks.

I'm not a frequent user of You Tube so maybe I just am not searching the site correctly. Thanks.

Right. The self proclaimed techie of the board that searched out what he claims is nc94's YouTube profile doesn't know how to use it. Pathological liar "alt".

The next special is about finding a cure for nitwit-itis.

th

Right. The self proclaimed techie of the board that searched out what he claims is nc94's YouTube profile doesn't know how to use it. Pathological liar "alt".
Wrong as usual Doc. It was my neighbor in Greenville who did it for me when I told him about it. But, of course, that won't stop a douche bag like you from misrepresenting what was actually posted. Back on topic, thanks, Liz.

Wrong as usual Doc. It was my neighbor in Greenville who did it for me when I told him about it. But, of course, that won't stop a douche bag like you from misrepresenting what was actually posted. Back on topic, thanks, Liz.
You get your neighbors involved in this place? Christ.

Yeah searching YouTube is so hard. It's not anything like Google where you just type in words and click search. Very sophisticated stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT