ADVERTISEMENT

Walk-ons

Uncle Ed,

Did we lose any of our verbals to other schools or did they all sign on the dotted line? If we did lose any, what positions did they play?

It appears they all signed their LOI. I thought Chadbourne was a QB recruit but he's listed as a TE. Was that a misprint or what? Love that we signed a deep RB class. I do see McClenton moved to WR though to take advantage of his speed against opposing backfields. At 165 lbs., he'd have a big target board on him by hard-hitting linebackers at this level IMO.

It appears Cats signed all. Only info I don't have is on walk-ons. A few names were discussed but I don't know what happened.

The Fla. QB is Bradley Jackson 6-2 195 Bishop Kenny HS Jacksonville, Fla. Only walk-on so far. Might be a kicker in the mix.
I only have a slight criticism of this recruiting class. No kicker. Otherwise this is a super class. I realize coach does not like to give a scholly to a kicker (he did last year) But after last season maybe he should have. Two kickers in school (maybe a walk-on in school) Kicker brought in last year was highly rated and is the answer and last season was just a case of growing pains.

I'm impressed but, I too, had kicker at the top of my wish list for in this incoming class.

One of the recruits is a Kicker. From one of the Philly Catholic Schools ... dang ... misplaced the list, but his H.S. career stats are impressive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT