ADVERTISEMENT

What to say

needatobaby

Diaper Dandy
May 26, 2006
Saw last nights game. Too bad the Gettys were not there to see Maria get her 1,000. Missed you Terry. We had more drives to the basket where we actually shot, rather than dishing off. Pitt was playing tight man to man which alloed us the first step. I think Laura Sweeney may be the first Nova player to get 1000 points with only playing 1000 minutes.

There is an old saying that if you can't say anything good, keep your trap shut and there wasn't much to be happy about last night. I was there behind the bench. Just too lazy to get up at half and come over and talk with you. My wife has lost almost any interest in coming out to the games.

Sweeney really seemed to be in Harry's doghouse the last three games so I was surprised she got as many minutes as she did last night. I mentioned that Pitt just doesn't seem to be able to stop someone named Laura inside. Kurz ran over them for 36 points inside last year. They don't seem to offer any weakside help so if you beat your defender to the lane you are shooting layups. I lost count of how many layups we missed after ten or so, including a key one with just a minute or so to go.

Same old story - too many unforced errors, missed open shots, defensive breakdowns. Congrats to Getty, a real steady Eddie for us over the past four years. Some small prize for a depressing senior year.

Won't go to St. John's or to Hartford, so I will not have made it to a single away game this year for the first time in a long while. Hopefully some new blood from the redshirts, transfers and incoming frosh will paint a brighter picture for next year than I can see at this point.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think there is only one reshirt left (one potential redshirt has played in the last several games) and only one transfer (Kimmel).

You are correct ... only those two coming along...

What happened to the volleyball player that was on the roster...
Pearl Mensah
I thought she was a walk-on but with her sitting on the bench and not
warming up, I assumed she might be a red shirt looking to play next year.

She was at the last game, but not out on the floor for warm-ups...
I don't recall ever seeing her warm up. He wouldn't red shirt a walk-on player would he???

Today, she is no longer listed on the roster...???

Any idea what her story is? was?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT