ADVERTISEMENT

White Lives Matter

Headline should just say: "Summer Again in the CoP"

greatest-bat-flip-ever.gif

The only irony here is that this used to be a neighborhood back in the day that would beat a minority to death if they set foot in it. This used to be hardcore calf tat 4-for-4 country. But because the neighborhood has "changed" (white racist code for the brothers moved in), the bitter ones left behind are crying that they're being targeted because they're white. Can't make this shit up.

Shoes,

Could you provide a list of minorities being beaten to death? I'm curious to what kind of history we're talking about.

Is there a CoP topic that Burrs will not defend to the grave?

Not defending anything. I'm genuinely interested in reading about all the racial killings from different neighborhoods across the city. Really. I've always been fascinated about this topic. Probably because we had some of this in my neighborhood growing up.

Why? Because you're in denial that there is anything negative about the CoP. From draft picks to racial divides.

Yea, you pegged it. What a stupid comment. There is negativity everywhere. In all entities. In some form. Why would the CoP be different?

Shoes,

Could you provide a list of minorities being beaten to death? I'm curious to what kind of history we're talking about.

It's called hyperboyle. Like if I said you are dumber than a sack of bricks, would you ask that I give an IQ test to the bricks to prove it? Point is that neighborhood historically was very white power-ish and minorities and Italians with deep tans weren't welcome in it. So no one was literally killed (that I know of) but know of stories of beatdowns being given out. No need to go into defcon 1 defensive mode because this crowd is your bread and butter come Mummer DJ'ing season.

It's called hyperboyle. Like if I said you are dumber than a sack of bricks, would you ask that I give an IQ test to the bricks to prove it? Point is that neighborhood historically was very white power-ish and minorities and Italians with deep tans weren't welcome in it. So no one was literally killed (that I know of) but know of stories of beatdowns being given out. No need to go into defcon 1 defensive mode because this crowd is your bread and butter come Mummer DJ'ing season.

I haven't DJ'd in roughly 5 years. And I actually turned down one of the clubs to be their DJ for all their events.

Ok, so nothing to cite. Thanks for sharing.

When is mummer DJ-ing season? Sept through Jan?

Probably after Thanksgiving thru the serenade which occurs a couple of weeks after parade.

Each club have these events. Xmas party, maybe one fundraiser, Hat Day, Rookie Day, the parade and after party, and serenade. I probably could have made 5/6 grand but shot it down..

Is the DJ responsible for bringing the Miller Lite and hookers, too?

Ha ha ha.....

I know unlimited beers/drinks comes with DJ'ing. I never once paid for a drink while spinning. God, some of those Saturday afternoon shifts got sloppy. Awesome time, tho.

Can't speak on the hookers other than its not my department.

Were the Mummers dressed in their feathery costumes for these parties?
Were masks worn?
How was the enthnic diversity?

Not a ton of knowledge on this, but from what I can tell is this. The string bands are a little more refined then say the comics/wenches. So, these guys might march the route, then take their turn thru 2nd St., before cleaning up a little and hitting the after-party. Young guys will stay out all day/night in garb with faces painted, etc....believe it or not, but a lot of them just like the marching/competition part of it and leave the foolery for the younger nitwits.

Not too many masks.

Basically all white. However, those Froggy Carr hammers parade around with an all black jam band.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT