ADVERTISEMENT

Who Is # 1 ?

UncleEd

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
Sep 15, 2003
Now that North Dakota St. lost for the first time.
My guess Eastern Washington.
Will our Cats move up?

If Cats are past their Richmond hiccup (and I think they are), they are in the conversation for #1 before much longer.

Cats will move ahead of our old playoff buddies McNeese St, since they lost. I think we have a good chance of moving past # 2 UHN, after their swoon at Maine, that would put us at #5. Just keep on winning and solidify that 1at round bye. Incidentally, prior to yesterdays games the Sports Network Playoff Field had us playing the winner of Northern Ariz./So.Dakota St. at our place. What a crowd appealing game that would be. God knows how they come up with that kind of match up. A cross country trip for a 2nd round game???? I don't think so.

Just 2-3 years ago, VU had to travel to Ugly Red Turf U. (Eastern Washington) for a game. just a year removed from being crowned. FBS playoffs can be costly & unforgiving to FBS schools.

If UNH wins out, we won't pass 'em IMHO.

Cats win this Sat and they are in playoffs They would be 9-2, 5-1. And IMHO Nova is a solid 18 pt fav. Makes UD game a game for seeding. Beating UD again will be important. Hopefully at 10-2 Cats are seeded in the top 4.

Great season so far, could be even better if it werent for kicking....COuld be undefeated, but who knows, they could have dropped a different game after beating Cuse

Uncle Ed: do you know if Villanova will be selling "visitors" game tickets to the UDel game or do we have to go through the Hens' ticket office for tickets ? If the later is the case, any suggestions on where to sit in their stadium so we can be with the Villanova crowd ? I can't imagine UDel will be selling too many tickets themselves given the current state of that program.

GE: Cat ticket office recently mailed out pre-ordered UD game tickets, so I suspect the horse as left the barn. Game tickets are still available on the UD website.

I glanced at the Sagarin ratings. As usual they were a little off when it came to teams which don't play any 1A opponents. Harvard is #8 in 1AA. Excluding that flaw, I found the rankings fairly interesting. Cats are #10 in 1AA, immediately behind Purdue and immediately ahead of Illinois.

1AA rankings are as follow:
1. NDSU (38th overall)
2. JV St.
3. Ill St.
4. N. Iowa
5. New Hampshire
6. SDSU
7. Chatty
8. Hahvard
9. Coastal Carolina
10. Dear Old (88th overall)

Also noted: YSU @ # 15, UR @ # 21
Temple, Rutgers and Syracuse @ #75, 76 & 78 respectively (birds of a feather flock together).
Almost forgotten: @ # 183 overall: UD; trailing Princeton & Duquesne.

Originally posted by UncleEd:
Now that North Dakota St. lost for the first time.
My guess Eastern Washington.
Will our Cats move up?
Coastal Carolina is #1 followed by New Hampshire.........Nova is up to # 6

I would keep NDSU #1, since they'll be seeded #1 regardless of the polls.

Will our AD suggest the Committee send our Cats on the road 12/6 to keep the St. Joes fans from having to maneuver around football parking on their way to the Pavilion from the P&W?

GECat our ticket office sells tickets for all the away games. However I was told the tics are sent back two weeks before the game. The Alumni Association/The Athletic Fund are hosting a pregame tailgate at Delaware. Show up there and I am sure you will find a game ticket.Good luck.
Go Cats

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT