ADVERTISEMENT

Winner of the 2016 VU Student Tourney Challenge

DC_VU_Chapter

VUSports.com All-American
Nov 17, 2005
Congrats to our 2016 Winner: Jack St.Amour (jstamour1024)!!!!

Jack: Please make your report under a different Thread in the Bench Warmers forum no later than COB on Monday 3/21.(I will post the link in NovaNation forum.) Hope you have a great time this weekend in NYC. Please seek out others on the message board as I know many will be traveling to Brooklyn for our first round games.

Thank you to all our contributors and the many folks on VU Sports who have provided feedback so we can improve the program for next year.

WINING POST:
Since I was born, my father Nova ‘78, raised me on Villanova. He always said to my siblings and I, "You can go wherever you want, but the check's going to Villanova." Gladly all three of us attend Villanova now. It wasn't just Villanova, Villanova basketball was the most important thing and since I was born I've only missed a couple of home games. My father was diagnosed with cancer in 2010 and at the first tournament game in 2010, the team huddled up and prayed for my dad and ended up winning the game. He passed away the next day and Villanova ended up losing the day after. Father Rob gave my family the pin from the tournament and even gave my dad his last rites. My dad bled blue, from being at the 1985 game, to going to every home game until he died. One of the greatest gifts my dad gave me was a love for Villanova basketball and I can think of no better way to honor him and celebrate his life than to watch the 'cats make it out of the weekend on the 6th anniversary of his death (3/19). Go ‘Cats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News